The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jim Riser's "Ultimate" Card Punch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
WHAT IS IT?: Without going into too much detail, it's a device that allows for the marking of selected cards.

WHAT YOU GET: Jim's solid brass punch, a small "Miller"-style holdout, and a reel.

QUALITY OF MATERIALS: I was very impressed with both the punch itself and the accessories. The punch, as expected, is HIGH quality and I can tell that Jim put a lot of time into it. As his website states, the "ultimate" model allows you to choose between the standard "point" and a more "rounded". The points always remain inside the device (nothing to misplace), only requiring adjustment via allen wrench.

Though appearing to be of equal quality, I can't comment much on the holdout itself as I don't plan on using it for the time being...and to be honest don't understand them very well either.

COMMENTARY: To be honest, I've wanted one of these exact punches for YEARS. Seemed to always be out of stock, which made me crave it even more. My hat's off to Jim; this is even better than I expected. I'm not a "gambler" by any stretch of the imagination, but felt that there were certain routines and effects that could benefit from having one. It WILL take me weeks to get used to the method, but that's what was expected before purchasing.

FINAL MARKS: Highly recommended.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Someone will ask, so here we go:

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jim Riser's "Ultimate" Card Punch (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL