The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » This should be interesting.......... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ccccchunt
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ccccchunt
Just purchased my material the other day and will attempt to make the largest set of cups and balls for my own personal use. I am attempting to make a set that will easily hold a large grapefruit or playground ball etc as a final load. I turned the molds last night on my lathe and it looks like the inside diameter will be about 6 inches when complete. I did a test with the molds and my hands can pick them up and set them down quite easily. I will be making them out of aluminum to keep the weight down and will give them a brushed finish to make them easier to grip. I've spun bowls and cups before but never anything this big before so wish me luck!!!!!
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Sounds pretty cool. Good luck with it. Please post some pics when you finish. I would like to see what this would look like.
-Matt
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Good luck
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24262 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Aluminum would be very practical. Those Monster Cups I got from van Dokkum are really too heavy to manipulate.

I've sent you the info you need to get into the museum.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Big cups, will be interesting to see how they turn out, keep us posted.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I used flower pots a long time ago for jumbo cups... also used 'em for a goofy rice bowl type routine. Stuffed a rubber chicken into one of them and showed the other empty... filled with breakfast cereal, and added milk (?) with a milk pitcher, put them together, did the move and showed DOUBLE the cereal... Then repeated to produce the rubber chicken, with the line (it was well known then) "Hey a Chicken in Every Pot!" Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If you get Magic magazine, check out the March 2007 issue on page 63. There is a photo of Marcus Zink at Germany's Magic-Theatre Festival at the conclusion of a giant Cups and Balls routine. Apparently, he'd just produced basketballs from huge copper cups that actually look pretty cool!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2007-03-27 22:04, Pete Biro wrote:
I used flower pots a long time ago for jumbo cups... also used 'em for a goofy rice bowl type routine. Stuffed a rubber chicken into one of them and showed the other empty... filled with breakfast cereal, and added milk (?) with a milk pitcher, put them together, did the move and showed DOUBLE the cereal... Then repeated to produce the rubber chicken, with the line (it was well known then) "Hey a Chicken in Every Pot!" Smile

Now why does that routine sound SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pete Biro?
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » This should be interesting.......... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL