The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing the "fire fall "candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Is it possible to vanish a candle from the trick "fire fall"? The reason I ask is because for a routine I want to be able to appear a candle (the appearance can be manual, slow, etc...I don't mind) then light it and set it aside. Then at the end...I will go over to it, blow it out and vanish it. Is this possible?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The trick "Fire Fall" is a Vanishing Fantasio candle in a flash of light.

Uses Flash paper. It is not a production.

You could produce a fantasio candle, "switch it" (this is a simple thing to do when reaching for the candle holder) for a Vanishing candle and place it in the candle holder. The only problem is, you cannot have it burning during your entire act. You will have to lite it then vanish it.

Good Luck!
Bill Smile
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Yes, what you want to do is possible, but I wouldn't use the Firefall gimmick. You can appear a regular fantasio vanishing candle behind a ribbon or silk then vanish it later using flash paper from the other hand.
Bill is right that you couldn't leave the candle burning very long.
I would recommend Michael P Lairs "Candles" video to find out the different possiblities with candles and flash paper. ( He doesn't come across as the best performer in the world, but he has some great ideas clearly presented.)
Also Fantasio's "My canes and candles" book is a great resource for information on using his candles.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Sound advice has already been given. Sadly the candles aren't designed to be 'lit' during a routine. They don't run on a wick like an ordinary candle, it requires lighter fluid (yes there is a wick but it needs fluid). Perhaps you should shop around for an alternative.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing the "fire fall "candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL