The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Accidental Magician. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
I accidentally made magic on the bus yesterday. I happen to be practicing palming four quarters when a woman asked if anyone had change for a dollar. I decided to try a transposition. I put my hand out for dollar planning to switch by crumpling the bill into my palm. Well, after I had one end on the bill in my fingertips she held on, probably because I hadn’t produced the change. So I said, “ Did you milk it first? “ As she stared at me like I was a nut, I squeezed my end of the dollar and let the palmed coins jingle in my hand. “ Yep, you forgot to milk it.” I said. She let go and I gave her the change. I noticed a little girl watching me from across the isle; I could see that she had bought the “Milk Money” patter. So I told the women to keep the dollar since I only milked it for her and the quarters were hers to begin with. I winked at her and glanced toward the girl. The women got the joke and gave the dollar the girl and told her to try and milk it some more.

I felt like God had sent the woman to be my magical assistant. The look on the little girl’s face was priceless! She spent the rest the trip trying to milk the dollar!

I guess you could say, “Practice makes magic.” This was also the first time I preformed magic in pubic since was a kid. I’ll never forget that women or the little girl!
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Well that's certainly a nice story. Thank goodness the woman wasn't a jerk - you might have gotten yourself in a bit of trouble. Glad it turned out well, thanks for sharing! I'll bet that little girl is somewhere right now telling her parents that money doesn't grow on trees; it's milks out of itself!
damkat69
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of damkat69
To funny, nice story.
One of the reasons magic is magical, it brightens someone's day...good job.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
At worse, I guess the woman could have slapped me when I winked at her and accused me of using a cheap trick to make a pass at her. Thank goodness that didn’t happen! I had hoped she would take and keep the dollar just to maintain the illusion for the child. I hadn’t expected her to give the dollar to the child. Her act of charity really made the moment magical. The child’s Mother and the people around us seemed to enjoy it as well.

rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Great story Heartau! It's always nice to have situations like these present themselves at the perfect time. Keep it up and I would love to hear future stories like this.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
You will be surprised how funny or memorable in your instance, "instant stooging" can be. People love to be part of the show or have their own little moment and they often deserve it.
The energy when a small group of people really get into a show is great reward as a performer.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
My first "stooge". Well, how about that? Does this make me a "Bus Magician"? Smile LOL

DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Luck favors the prepared!

Milt Kort's Cardinal Rules of Magic:
Rule 1) It's the little things that count.
Rule 2) Always take every advantage you can.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Can I add one more to the list?

Hearttau's First Magic Rule:

1)When riding the bus always palm exact change. Smile

liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Hey it could have ended in many ways....what if the woman did a one handed coin roll to make sure she got four quarters....or even make it into a jumbo coin....will look forward to practice on the bus....
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Hmm...For my next trick, BUS PASS TO IMPOSSIBLE LOCATION. Has anyone copywrited this one yet? Smile Thanks for sharing in my noobie enthusiasm folks. See you around the Café.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Accidental Magician. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL