The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Non deceptive tricks...(Silk Thru Head) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Looking at Joe Porper's Coin Drop Box,one thing immediately strikes me. Is it just me, or does this huge box (relative to the small quarter) make this trick rather undeceptive? Now I don't know it's workings, but it looks like an elephant could get around that bolt.

The Silk Thru Head trick brought this to mind...
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
That was my impression, too.

Robert
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Years ago I wrote a treatise entitled, "Only A Magician..." One part of that manuscript listed several effects where the method was so painfully obvious that only a magician would think it deceptive. These two definitely would have qualified. At the very least, the Silk thing creates a comical visual gag effect for what little that might be worth. The Porper item belongs with the legendary vanish of a dime in a steamer trunk. Most of his stuff is great; this was not one of them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Non deceptive tricks...(Silk Thru Head) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL