The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My escape on Cable TV this Sunday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Everyone,

A few months ago, a feature was filmed about "Christian Magicians". I was asked to perform my SJ escape for it. Nine other magicians were also taped for the feature. Yesterday the director calls me to say the show's air date was moved up and will air this Sunday!

I'm not sure how much air time I'll get but you can check it out if you your cable TV provider carries this program "The American Bible Society Presents" (ABS Presents).

You will need to check your cable listings to find the show. The episode is about the Fellowship of Christian Magicians and we taped it at The Magic Castle.

Go to the ABS Presents website here and find the channel in your area that it will air on. Then check with your cable provider to see if they carry that channel and at what time it airs in your area.
http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/stations

After the show airs on TV, you can view the show directly on their website at http://www.abspresents.com

If you catch my performance, I would love to hear your suggestions on how I can improve it!

Joe
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
That's great news Joe! We'll keep an eye out for it.

Good luck!!

Richard and Dayle
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
All right Joe! Way to go. I'm not sure I get that channel, but I'll give it a looksee on the webpage for certain.

Ace
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
That's awesome, Joe!!!

They really should have asked you to shim a lock, though. That's your real talent. Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I live less than 20 miles from you, yet I cannot get any chanel that will allow me to see your show. I'll have to look it up after. bummer.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I think I get two stations here. I'm gonna go set it up to record on both channels. D,
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ok Folks this Episode Airs April 8th get your tvs ready for this event. http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/episodes
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Bravo Joe! Congrats for being on the show. Do you know who else is featured? Are Living Illusions on this show too? Andre Kole?
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thank you everyone. You guys are great. I appreciate you all!

The show is a feature about the Fellowship of Christian Magicians, in particular, the Los Angeles Chapter. We meet at The Magic Castle each month. Yeah, life's tough, I know. Most of us are members of the Castle anyway.

The show's producer approached me in January and said he wants to do a feature on our FCM club. Perform for TV? SURE! I performed a SJ and chains escape. The others performed close up and parlor magic.

This is everyone who performed for the camera:
Rob Watkins, Michael LaFond, Barney Kinard, Mike Ferrari, Nancy Aposhian, Ralph Mackintosh, Kif Anderson and Gene Oswald (Oz and Wilde), Noel Ascencio, Joe Marotta, and Harvey Simpson. Looks like we'll only get about 6 minutes of air time so let's see how many of us make it to the screen, and how many land on the editing room floor!

The Donster posted the new link. Look for Episode 26. Thanks Donster.

I welcome all personal critiques and criticism via PMs.... uh, AFTER you see the program.

Thank you all!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Congrats Joe!

I don't have a TV. Cab anyone tape this and post it on utube or ifilm, or maybe Ros can host it on his site? What do you think Ros?
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
* I think I have found it on my DISH guide and will DVR it! Good luck and thanks for the notice.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Congrats Joe!

looking forward to seeing the show.
Tony Chapparo
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thanks Chance, UFO and Tony!

I was told the air date was moved up a week but the website shows the current air date of April 8th. False alarm for this Sunday. So, we wait another week.

The director told me that we can't put the show on anyone's website as the show itself is copyright protected. The best that we can do is provide a link to the ABSPresents.com website where they can view it.

This may be a whole lot of fanfare for nothing.....

Let's try again next weekend.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Joe,
No problem. We all love hype that is why we are here in this forum! Looking forward to the show. How are you trying to capitalize on it locally for your own interests?
Aidan
View Profile
New user
Niceville, FL
27 Posts

Profile of Aidan
I just got the chance to watch this episode. Here's a link to take any one there.
http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/video/?ep=27
I LIKED IT! Congrats to Mr. Joe! It's GREAT!
-Aidan-
Integrity is all that is truly yours, everything else, can be taken from you in an instant!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Aidan, Thank you! I tried to put a message with it so the escape had some meaning.

Oh, and welcome to The Magic Café Aidan! I see that you're new here. We're glad that you joined us.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Joe,
Nice job. You looked great! Congratulations and give the rest of the gang a hearty pat on the back from me as well.
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi Joe,
I did not get to see it.
I am about to post info about my 5 minutes of fame. It is on the Retirement Channel is is carried on DirecTV and on some stations along the Eastern Seaboard.
It is called Living Live with Florence Henderson.

Maybe we should bring a copy of each shows to the next Escape show and watch them before a lecture or some other feature.

Looking forward to seeing your tape whenever it is possible.

mark
p.s. let me know by pm about the request you had the other day.
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Mark,

I just read your other post about your feature on Florence Henderson's show. That is really cool. They must have had a fun time checking out your collection and hearing your stories.

Yes, bring a copy of the show to the EA convention this year. It would be a kick to watch it! You can view mine directly on this website, look for Episode #26 and you'll catch a piece of my escape http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/episodes

Joe
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Cool Escape Joe!

Rock on!

& Break A Chain!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My escape on Cable TV this Sunday (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL