The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Teaching magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anewworld
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of anewworld
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, where do you guys buy your magic dvd's is there any sites that are better then other sites and why?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Look around, depends on the DVD, some are available largely from the individual, some are sold in limited distribution. Some get them directly from L&L if they are L&L products, others use distributors, I get a lot from Denny and Lee's and from Dennis Loomis, just good service from those folks and Dennis sometimes has a bit better price on L&L videos than most. Generally best place to get them is from the subject of the video at one of their lectures, often a nice discount. I buy all my Daryl videos from Daryl at his website. Same with books. If the author is offering them for sale, I buy from them, not so much because they are cheaper, and sometimes they are the same price, but that way the author makes a few more pennies per book. and that keeps books and videos comming. So many videos out there now, by so many artists, on so many subjects, and so many sources. Many of us try to utilize the brick and mortar magic shops simply to help keep them in existence.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
If I can buy items from the author or originator of the specific media I do. Otherwise I try to visit my local brick and mortar magic shop to find what I'm looking for, or even just to pick up a few tips from the people hanging around. A trip to the "Shop" is always more fun than ordering something online. If I cannot get what I'm looking for through the "shop" then I start to look online for other options.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks for the plug, photius. We try to keep our prices very competitive and our service fast. Glad you appreciate it.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Great site, Dennis. I will definitely give it a try my next purchase.
-b-
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
I can definitely agree with Photius' recommendation. I ordered some books from Dennis' site and was surprised how fast and efficient his service is and his prices are indeed competitively low.
Cardamagically.
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 14:32, mindpirate wrote:
Otherwise I try to visit my local brick and mortar magic shop to find what I'm looking for, or even just to pick up a few tips from the people hanging around. A trip to the "Shop" is always more fun than ordering something online.

I second that. You might save one or two bucks buying on-line, but you will miss the great fun and experience at the shop - meeting other magicians, getting support and so no.
Cards never lie
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
You can get some great deals on DVDS and books buying right from the posters on the magic Café. Look at the selling section of the dvds and books and also look at the good buyer list too. But I also prefer to buy mine from the author and get it personalized!

Fraser
I want to go far...
dicedealer007
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of dicedealer007
May humble opinion. Try to get things from your local magic shop. In a world that is revolving around the internet I know its hard not to buy online. And for some things you just may have to. But if you don't support your local brick and mortar store, it probably wont be there for you when you need it most.
damkat69
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of damkat69
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 03:29, dicedealer007 wrote:
Try to get things from your local magic shop.

I have to agree, I always buy from my local magic shop, the price is a bit more than the internet but the advice I get means I get a dvd I am interested in. I can also ask for help on some effects on the dvd I am having trouble with.
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
I'd buy from my magic shop however the owner isn't really too respectful to his customers. In fact one time he actually pushed me out of the way to get to another customer. Not a shove but an unconcious push on my arm, get out of my way style. I was pretty shocked. My friend and I weren't too impressed.

Fraser
I want to go far...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Teaching magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL