The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmicked coins every magician should have. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
james08
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of james08
Shell is a must for coin workers but you also need to practice your sleights to make effects more magical.

S&S is also a must.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Gaffed coins make the strangest sound when you drop them on the table.

Have you even watched a muggle pull apart a coin gaff? Yes it is funnier to do a trick that looks gaffed and watch as they drop the coins into a glass and try to get them to open.

Sure... have them all but as to using them... (not gonna tell Smile )
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David O
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of David O
I think magicians should have h**k coins. Those are great. They're just so fun to use!
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Very surprised to note that no one mentioned the #1 gaffed coin IMHO namely
Coin Unique. It originally started with Eddie Gibson. You may recall this effect -
show a qtr and a half. Holding a glass sideways the two coins are slid into the glass. When they hit the bottom there is only one coin ...the half, and it can be examined.
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
My choices are a Expanded Shell, Copper/Silver, Flipper and a Hopping Half.
At the moment I own only half of them (Exp. Shell and C/S), but soon I'll buy the Flipper and the Hopping Half.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 17:24, CAROLINI wrote:
Very surprised to note that no one mentioned the #1 gaffed coin IMHO namely
Coin Unique. It originally started with Eddie Gibson. You may recall this effect -
show a qtr and a half. Holding a glass sideways the two coins are slid into the glass. When they hit the bottom there is only one coin ...the half, and it can be examined.

Have you looked in the old book on tricks with Downs' coin gaff the dime and penny? You'll find the trick there.

Much as I like the Gibson gaff I don't find it all that versatile or even useful. Just my opinion and no diss to EG.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
836 Posts

Profile of e-man
The Hooked Half Dollar comes in handy for those rare occasions when your performing without clothing.
Its habit forming,One vanish and your Hooked,
A little painful,But we mus ALL make sacrafices for our art.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmicked coins every magician should have. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL