The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
Picked up my cobra sharpie this weekend, can't wait for my scorpion to arrive now
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3598 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
You'll love it.

Jim
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi all

I have 3 residencies a week and perform the scorpion 3-4 times a night and in the last 2 years not one person has suspected the CObra Sharpie!! I have fooled many magicians who know the scorpion is m*****c by marking the cups and as I look them in the eye quickly saying 'now I know its under one of these cups but I need you to answer some simple questions' whilst quickly passing the pen over the cups, the pen is in my pocket faster than a spectator can think leaving me completely clean to slam away!!

Trust em then pen is less obvious than you might think, you know its a magnet detector but they don't!! and why would they think the scorpion is a magnet anyway? Even if you blatantly pointed to each of the cups using the pen and named the numbers out loud I still don't think anyone would suspect the pen!
May your darkness come quickly
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
You guys are right. Keep the "path" a good size so you can keep your eyes focused on your spectators yet know for sure which cup is your HOT cup as you show the path. I found when I look at the spectator and not the cups it lends even more credibility to the move of simply pointing.

Yes the Cobra Sharpie 2.0 is a great way of doing this effect. Both are great products and you'll be thrilled to own them.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
The first time I took my scorpion out of its box, I was shocked...That thing is fr*ckn sharp :-O
It works great, perfect for smaller venues and most important; It doesn't look like "uncle Joe's red and yellow magic box device thingy.." This looks like a real weapon!
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hi,
I want to invite all of you to watch a video.

I've invited previously by PM to Rick "ROTH" (from Outlaw) and I want to give him publicly my gratefulness for his very kind response about my production and performance.

Please, use the next link:

http://www.vimeo.com/4418799

Hope you like it!
Thanks in advance.
Joan Monse
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Wonderful Joan!
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Thank you, Eddie!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Joan,

Wonderful presentation. I love the newspaper approach.

Dan.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Great job Joan. Wonderful performance with a wonderful efect. RYan
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
You're welcome Dan and Ryan!
Thanks for watching it and your kind opinion.

I'm proud about this video BUT, I'm a VERY perfectionist person and, I think that, in our beloved art/passion, must be ALWAYS been improving on our own mistakes. In fact, I'm still working in "little details" (newspaper balls diameter, etc, etc...) that are VERY important to assure a successful effect resolution!

We will be in touch!
Best,
Joan Monse
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1404 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I must say, Joan that even though I didn't understand the words (since I don't speak Spanish) the performance and concept seemed brilliant. I love the idea of using the newspaper balls. Great thinking and wonderful routine.

You bummed me out now though as my Scorpion routine seems so ordinary by comparison. Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Joan,

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful performance with us!

You did a great job!.... I am sure Rick was very happy to see what you did with it. Nice thinking indeed!

You also have given me inspiration to work on a new routine for my own performance of Scorpion.

All my best,
Bk
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1128 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Started using the Scorpion tonight at my gig - did it twice. I've been a little hesitant until now that I have the Cobra 2. This is the absolute perfect "bar" trick. Just perfect. I've also been looking for more of a comedy presentation and I think I've worked it into something usable. Between the Cobra and the Scorpion, there is absolutely no way anyone thought that either was gaffed. These are great products that are practically made for each other.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Amazing Joan! Like Kaliix I don't speak spanish either but I was riveted! I would love to see the video with subtitles to hear(see) your presentation.

One thing that I would be careful of that I was kinda watching for since I know the method was for the paper balls to move. Since they have different shapes my only worry would be that one of the balls would move which might tip the method.

Just something that would concern me. Then again I have never tried using newspaper like that. The weight of the Scorpion alone might make that a non issue. Just thought I'd mention it to you.

Again, wonderful job and please post again when you have the subtitle version available.

Marc
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hi, Kaliix, Bobbyk, Doug Brewer and Marc. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I'm absolutely happy with your opinions. I think it's VERY important "listen" many opinions to make a "final conclusion".

I know that all of you are mentalists/magicians but, ad latere, this Makibishi video is on air in a TV of my geographic region.
It's a 24 hours music video clips television station and they saw the video, on Vimeo, and them was impressed. Them has offered to me to broadcast this video EVERY day at different hours, in between music clip.

This now it's a very interesting form to know different opinions from laymen and, at this time, I'm very happy about it.

On my production company (named MIRA MIRA), we are still editing the tv pilot and the next week we should be recording several "short" mentalism effects to complete the program.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks again for all your opinions!
We will be in touch.
My best wishes!
Joan Monse
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 10:16, gobrownstd54 wrote:
One thing that I would be careful of that I was kinda watching for since I know the method was for the paper balls to move. Since they have different shapes my only worry would be that one of the balls would move which might tip the method.

I think Joan said that he was using the Child's Play watch instead of a ring - which would prevent any unwanted moving.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1486 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Yes he told me he is using the Child's Play dress model.

Ron
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Excellent Joan! Love the newspaper idea over the 3 ounce cups!!!

Mike Smile
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hey, Mike!
Sorry for the delayed response!!!

Thanks to watch the video an your opinion!

Best regards!
Joan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL