The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Without question, the most impactfull closeup psychic effect in the last &$#@%* years. Can a magic inventor receive a MacArhthur?? This is brilliant deception.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Rick has outdone himself. I just got mine this week and I absolutely love it! It is a great (read:logical) effect and has a very clever method. Not much guesswork here; I like that I can check and re-check with even looking. GREAT!

When do we see the "relic"?

Sean
Hollyfeld
View Profile
New user
North Shore, Massachusetts
62 Posts

Profile of Hollyfeld
I just purchased Reflections and am seriously considering getting Scorpion as well. It looks fantastic and the reviews are sensational.
Did you know there's a guy living in our closet?
--You've seen him, too?
Who is he?
--Hollyfeld.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 17:39, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
(Slaps head, rolls eyes...)
Now why didn't I think of that? Makes sense, and a lot less effort to smash. Thanks!!! I'da probably gone years before figuring that out.

let me know how it turns out for you. you could just go to work and grab a styrofoam cup and take it home to experiment without buying any. I know they sell one size smaller of which I havent played with as of yet. I'm not sure how sensitive the pk ring is to the scorpion. but my childs play 2 I can detect it pretty easily.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
How many of you actually carry cups around when working strolling?
How's that on pocket management?
I recall someone using origami-type cups?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 10:45, nique wrote:
How many of you actually carry cups around when working strolling?
How's that on pocket management?
I recall someone using origami-type cups?

A stack of 40 3 inch cups I use is only about 4 inches tall. They easily fit in a jacket pocket.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
Mine arrived this morning and here's how it went.
Opened box, drooled a little, made silly noises "Ooooh and ahhh and Mwa ha ha ha and OUCH"!!! Note to self; Read instructions and don't just grab it with the hand containing PK ring, it stings. Thanks Roth, I love it. Can't wait for my RELIC to arrive.
Regards
Hollyfeld
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hollyfeld
The sight says there are over 75 3/8" spikes, but I coul not find the actual diameter of the Scorpion. Would someone mind doing a quick measurement? Thanks.
--You've seen him, too?
Who is he?
--Hollyfeld.
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
Hi Hollyfeld, I have mine at approx 42mm accross, spike to spike.
Regards
Hollyfeld
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hollyfeld
Thanks magicnutuk. That is a great size.
--You've seen him, too?
Who is he?
--Hollyfeld.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
This is a very good effect at a very good price.
Hollyfeld
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hollyfeld
I think I need to purchase this. After reading the reviews and checking it out on the Outlaw web-site, I'm already thinking of ways to present this.......and I don't own it.
--You've seen him, too?
Who is he?
--Hollyfeld.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24181 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've been discussing this with Wellington, who also has one. I worked out a story for this long before it was available. I get a lot of my inspiration for stories from things I find at antique stores and places like that. So I have this really cool ring, which I bought 4 years ago in Salzburg. I had the back story all written. But I needed the right smash and stab effect for it. The Scorpion is definitely it.

I played with it for a couple of weeks. Tonight I decided to perform it for the local magic club. None of the guys had ever seen this. When I crushed the first cup, they understood what was coming, but they didn't believe I would go through with it.

It was BEAUTIFUL!

This beats Shattered hands down...so to speak.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 01:57, Bill Palmer wrote:
I've been discussing this with Wellington, who also has one. I worked out a story for this long before it was available. I get a lot of my inspiration for stories from things I find at antique stores and places like that. So I have this really cool ring, which I bought 4 years ago in Salzburg. I had the back story all written. But I needed the right smash and stab effect for it. The Scorpion is definitely it.

I played with it for a couple of weeks. Tonight I decided to perform it for the local magic club. None of the guys had ever seen this. When I crushed the first cup, they understood what was coming, but they didn't believe I would go through with it.

It was BEAUTIFUL!

This beats Shattered hands down...so to speak.

There is a private forum for Scorpion buyers filled with great ideas..hint hint Smile

Thanks for the very kind words Bill.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Sweet M
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
56 Posts

Profile of Sweet M
Have now posted my routine in the private forum presentations for those who are interested. It includes my routine(although not really mine, it's just the original great story revamped to fit my needs), items I used to design a carrying case, and where they were purchased. If you own this great effect, journey to the forum and check things out. There are some interesting ideas floating around. If you don't own this effect then.....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!

Once again.......having so much fun with this. I'm sure once I own "The Relic", and I will own it, I'll have just as much enjoyment.

Thanks Rick for the opportunities
The Reality Unfolds.......Dedicate And Transform

TRU DAT,

Sweet M
peppis
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of peppis
As soon as the money comes in, its going to leave just as fast to purchase Scorpion and Relic. I own just about everything else from the Outlaw and I have to say Rick's products are some of the most effective and beautiful props and effects that I own.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Relic is on the list.
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
Heres a Scorpion tip, I sometimes like to use the small styrofoam gravy cups, Like the kind you get from A&W. If you use them on a smooth hard surface and give the smashdown a bit of power, the cups make a loud popping noise, sort of like a brown paper bag blown up and smashed between you hands. It's a great attention getter for those of you in the position of wanting to draw an audience in.

James
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2659 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 16:14, lunatik wrote:
I posted this on the outlaw forums, but I HIGHLY recommend using styrofoam cups! when you smash them, that make a nice big loud bang sound. I think it really adds to the effect. the dixie cups pretty much just make a smushing sound. I use the full sized styrofoam cups and it still works awesome with my Childs Play 2.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1480 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I found some small plastic cups like the dixie ones that will do the same thing.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL