The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
959 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Do any of the bigger dealers carry it ?
being so far away I would grab it, if I
could combine it with a bigger order.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-05-01 14:20, WayneNZ wrote:
Do any of the bigger dealers carry it ?
being so far away I would grab it, if I
could combine it with a bigger order.

I don't wholesale the Scorpion to dealers.

I've probably shipped 20-30 Scorpions to Australia. They go global priorty at $7.00 for shipping, and get there in 4-7 days max.

I do package discount deals too Smile

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Just combine the Scorpion with your order for Reflections and the Pendant, and you've got, almost, a whole new act.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 16:14, lunatik wrote:
I posted this on the outlaw forums, but I HIGHLY recommend using styrofoam cups! when you smash them, that make a nice big loud bang sound. I think it really adds to the effect. the dixie cups pretty much just make a smushing sound. I use the full sized styrofoam cups and it still works awesome with my Childs Play 2.

Whoops! Sorry lunatik, I completely missed that one. I prefer the little ones though.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Both work awesome! they are super super super easy to smash and make an awesome loud bang! if you haven't tried it, you have to try it guys!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1404 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I wanted to post this in a new thread, but honestly, I am not quite sure where it would go? Since this seems to be the hot Scorpion thread right now, I am posting this here. This same post appears in the Outlaw forum under cups.

I've been looking around for the perfect cups for this. Styrofoam in my mind is more desirable because it makes a loud bang and is clearly opaque. To that end, I have found what I think may be the perfect size styrofoam cup, one that is 4 oz. From looking at the pictures of the cups, they appear to be the perfect size, big enough to fit over the Scorpion yet small enough to still detect it from the top with no problems. Having practiced with the 8oz cups, sensing from the top seems rather difficult.

The only issue is that to try these cups out, I would need to order a 1000 cups, a few more than I really need. So, would any of you be willing to buy some of the extras for a reasonable price? If so, let me know and I will go ahead and try these out and if they work, I will sell you my extras. If enough people are interested, I will purchase larger quantities and sell them to whomever wants them.

What do you think?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I saw James T perform this in a bar. They have lots of styrofoam cups (for ketchup and whatever). AFAIR, he just asked and was given.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
It was the lounge of a german restaurant(lets not make people think I'm hanging around bars now Smile

and they didn't have what I needed...so I walked across the street to A&W and they gave me 4 of their lil' gravy cups. They worked great!

I do like the dixie cups, however... Sure wish I could find black ones.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1128 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
A&W has gravy?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Restaurant supply houses and distributers can get these 4 oz and 5 oz Styro cups for you in small amounts. A friendly restaurant can order them for you. They run about $1.50 per bag of 50. Get the lids too, and you don't need coasters. Lids come in 100 per bag, about the same cost. Your spekkies can do the Monte Shuffle on any surface with the lids on.

Lay out 4-5 lids, have them put the Scorp on one, seal it up with an upside down cup, seal up the other cups and shuffle. Louder pop with the lids on, too
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Hey guys! If you pre-order The Relic and..you don't have the Scorpion, take advantage of a HUGE savings and use your 20% Relic pre-order discount special to get a Scorpion for $53.00 and no shipping costs!

PM me for details

:band: Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
255 Posts

Profile of Slappy
Quote:
On 2007-05-04 12:42, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Restaurant supply houses and distributers can get these 4 oz and 5 oz Styro cups for you in small amounts. A friendly restaurant can order them for you. They run about $1.50 per bag of 50. Get the lids too, and you don't need coasters. Lids come in 100 per bag, about the same cost. Your spekkies can do the Monte Shuffle on any surface with the lids on.

Lay out 4-5 lids, have them put the Scorp on one, seal it up with an upside down cup, seal up the other cups and shuffle. Louder pop with the lids on, too

Tom, your BRILLIANT!
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Thanks for the compliment!

Another bit for using this outside....the wind will take your styro cups FAAAARRRR far away unless you prethink it:

Walmart, etc, fishing dept: Round flat lead sinkers. They are about 2 inches across, 1/2 inch high. 4-5 ounces each. Pack of 2; $.99. The spekkies put a lead sinker on each lid but one. They put the scorpion on the last one. Each is sealed in with an upside down cup, and all are shuffled by the spekky. Let the audience see the shuffle, they can follow or not, doesn't matter, the suspense is there. AND it doesn't blow away in the wind.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Jorgenson took my idea and expounded on it. I have to say that he made it a lil more portable and made to where the spec and mix up the cups and not have to touch that ouchie ouchie thing. Oh ya, the Scorpion!! Love your ideas Tom!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I got my Scorpion.
I really like it, looks very authentic and real.
The box will be better if painted in dull black rather than shiny black. But overall this is very very good item.

Cheers,
CC.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
JardiniMagic
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale
72 Posts

Profile of JardiniMagic
I also have had my Scorpion for several months now and love it it is a well made prop and aside from watching my audiances reactions I have had the oppertunity of watching another performer presenting it! and watching from the audiance and the others in the audiance reactions this is one effect I will Keep using! thanks outlaw!
The Magical World of Jardini
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I recently met a new client for party planners . I brought along my outlaw wallet and the scopion and a deck of cards. The planner asking what was in the strange wooden case. I wanted to save the scorpion for last but she was really interested in it. Needlees to say after I performed it I did not have to do anything else. I had the job. This really kicks people in the head. Thanks Outlaw

Can not wait for LUNA!!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Greetings everyone,
I have had the scorpion for a month or so and have just started trying it out on family and friends - I had to find somewhere that sold the 4oz styrofoam cups (and I did and they are right down the road from my home!).

Here are some reactions from people. My wife is terrified that I will mess up and hurt my hand and not be able to perform and then we will be bums living on the street Smile

The first person that I performed it for was almost sweating they were so nervous that I would mess up and hurt myself - especially after they grabbed it and yanked their hand back after realizing the thing really is sharp! I do a routine that is has them saying "Yes" over every cup and I try to determine when they are telling the truth. As I said, he was very nervous.

Next came my 10 year old cousin. He was so worried about my hand that he asked if he could turn around and not watch because he would give it away if I looked like I was about to stab myself. He is a good kid!

Then it was over to the local magic shop owners who weren't really very familiar with these types of tricks. I didn't tell them what I was going to do, just introduced the scorpion with the backstory and then told them to hide it under the cups, shuffle, and I would see if I could tell when they were lying. When I suddenly smashed my hand down the first time they looked at each other like, "Oh, Crap!" Then they were very nervous waiting to see if I could do it without being injured.

Overall, this prop is so good and evil looking that it almost automatically gets people into the routine without any effort on your part. They kinda have a nervous laugh and are really thinking that this is a dangerous routine.

I am very pleased with this and it will be going into my new show this upcoming year - I am already ordering an entire case of the cups and lids as I will be doing this 4-5 times a day all week long for weeks at a time!

Very highly recommended!
Chad
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24202 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I bought one of these for Borodin last year, as a birthday present. He was really thrilled with it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
One of the best aspects of this wonderful piece of kit is that it can be performed in practically any situation. I have performed it close-up at a table before and many times on stage.
A little tip, if you are using it on stage, is to blow up a balloon and burst it on the spikes, proving that you are not holding something made of rubber!
It has got me great reactions, particularly when during the performance I claim that I really have no clue where it is and feign concern. The gasps when I smashed the first cup took me aback somewhat.
Great value for money and a wonderful looking prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Scorpion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL