The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A silly question about seeds to flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Hey all -

I'm looking for feedback on the visual aspect of this...

Imagine you're taking out a packet of flower seeds. Clearly looks like a packet of flower seeds. Now, imagine that you were going to take one of those seeds and turn it into a paper flower - clearly, a paper flower.

Would you think that a paper flower should grow from a real seed or from a paper (think confetti dot) seed?

Don't worry about how small everything is.

I'm very torn about when in the little story to change from something that seems organic (the seed packet) to something that is clearly cute and paper-y (the flower).

It's part of a larger sequence in which the flower keeps coming back, but as something different each time as it makes it's way up to being quite large and non-paper.

Thoughts??? Anyone???

Amanda
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
If you can make a seed packet/label (Photoshop?) that has a name like "Wild Paperia Seeds" it may add to your routine.

You haven't said what the "something different each time" is or the "quite large and non-paper" is so I won't go there.
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Wild paperia seeds - I kind of like that!

I'm not getting into the whole sequence because it takes care of itself once the paper flower gets out there - something different each time is just a combination of odd-man-out threes that involve flowers (paper, larger paper, spring bouquets, feather, real) and single oddities...kind of like flower, flower, card - card to ball, ball, flower - it's funny and sort of charming, and changes scale as it goes (small to big-ish)

SO: I think you're suggesting that I can and should think of them as paper seeds that grow paper flowers, as opposed to trying to make a visual transition from real seeds to a paper flower (which, the more I think about it, is sort of a non-event, isn't it?)

Thanks for taking the time to write, Jaz! Any further thoughts?
-a
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
135 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
I'd agree that unless there's a specific reason to go from real seeds to paper flowers ("paper is made from trees, let's skip a step"?) paper seeds to paper flowers would be better. At least to in my humble inexperienced opinion.
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Yep - aside from it coming around to being a real flower (which, of course, no one knows at the beginning and frankly I don't think they'll track it to the end) - I'm becoming convinced that paper seeds is the way to go.

Forgot to mention that it's done silent - so I can't really patter about it - it just needs to have a visual logic.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
They could be real seeds. Who's to know?
Since they are Paperia seeds they will grow into paper flowers.
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Worked with the paper seeds yesterday, and it seems to make the whole little set-up better - I was probably over-thinking it, as per my usual...

Thanks for the help on this one!
amanda
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26902 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you are working from paper... perhaps a balled up bit of torn paper as the "seed" ?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15711 Posts

Profile of tommy
Paper is made from wood and from small acorns great Oak trees grow. What do you make from paper but paper flowers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
Hey all!

The paper is definitely working - I don't evern know why I got so hung up on seeds in the first place. Much more fun to use paper, can do more with it, and it oddly enough keeps the flower a bit more of a suprise..

Thanks for all the thoughts!
-amanda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A silly question about seeds to flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL