The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Effect rights: paddle ethics and law (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Socalled
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Socalled
I saw an awesome little paddle trick in Czech Republic about 4 years ago. I jotted down the design after I figured out the method and made one when I got back to Canada. I've shown it to some magicians and magic shops and no one has seen it -- and they love it, it's a great paddle trick. I have no way of finding this Czech dude: he was presented at the festival prop booths who could have been from anywhere in Europe. Is it straight-up ethically/legally wrong to produce this trick with my own instructions?
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
In a word - Yes.

Modify the design and the routine that go with it enough and you can probably sell it. I would not use his exact handling and routine for both ethical and legal reasons.

Maybe you could get in touch with a few Czech magic clubs such as IBM or Magic Circle or something and see if they know who the man could be.

I would try to find the guy first, then maybe market the idea with your presentation and handling.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Effect rights: paddle ethics and law (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL