The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Close-up: Sitting or Standing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I simply am not comfortable performing while sitting, for the most part, and I have no idea why.

There are times when sitting is ok, but I will most often find any excuse to stand to perform magic.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
I love the idea of sitting down and doing formal close-up work. Unfortunately it doesn't get to happen often. I've adapted to standing, but when I can sit, I'm usually standing most of the time. I like the idea of standing for some, and sitting for other routines. I proper servante is all one needs to do lapping while standing, and you can even "lap" multiple coins with no problems if constructed right. It's great for productions as well. I'm desiging another servante that actually can exchange pockets for different effects. Of course it is useless if you are not behind a table!!

Stevie D
-Stevie D
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I've been doing my close up (as opposed to the walk-around that I do) standing while using the wonderful School for Scoundrels street table. It looks classy and has the turnover section that allows one to have a close up pad and a hard surface in a matter of seconds.

The bag that you can purchase makes this a very convenient addition to my show.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
The main reason I prefer sitting is the use of my lap. If I could find a good small - medium sied servante to take the place of my lap then I could easily perform the act standing. I do like sitting because it creates a more intimate setting with the audience
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Close-up: Sitting or Standing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL