The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question about the market value of a Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Dear Café members, I am not sure if this is the proper category to post my inquiry. If this is not the right place, please let me know and accept my apologies in advance.

I am considering to sell the following:

Jim Sisti's: The Magic Menu, The First Five years (first edition --out of print)

Hard cover, glossy dust jacket, 380 PAGES.

In near perfect condition.

I would like input from those in the know on how much this book might be worth.

I seem to recall, that when it was first published and launched by L & L Pubishing, it sold for approximately $40.

Please advise on the fair market value range that this book might currently hold for interested buyers.

Many thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
We generally price used books at 80% of their new retail price when a work is still in print, and the used copy is in good condition. Once a book goes out of print, its value will fluctuate with demand, obviously. We haven't yet had a lot of requests for this volume, though why we not is baffling, as it contains some great information. If L&L does not intend to reprint, price will likely go up. We often offer such items on eBay to let the marketplace determine the value. If I had to guess, I'd say it might fetch $60-$75 now... If you get two people in a bidding war, it could go for much more!
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for this perspective and sage advice Richard. I have bought many books from you over the years (ie. Pure effect, third edition, Absolute Magic , second edition, and others). I am holding onto these other books, but I would like to sell Restaurant Magic in order to help offset the costs of other materials that are of more interest to me these days.

You have been very encouraging.

Thanks too for producing such quality books!

Keep up the great work!

Best regards.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question about the market value of a Book (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL