The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Have Pity on the Hopping Half Confused! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Hi folks,

I have a question about this coin routine, which I’m really interested in doing. As some of you may recall, I have good use of only one hand, hence I am concentrating on the illusions of Rene Lavand. My first magic tome should arrive any day now, Lavand’s “Magic from the Soul.” I know it will take me years, if ever, to perfect Mr. Lavand’s illusions. While waiting for the book, I’ve noticed the hopping half coin trick, specifically the routine where you keep putting coins in your pocket. I think this is something that I could do and it looks wonderful.

I’ve done all the research I can on this and other websites, and read every thread on hopping half coins and sun/moon coins and sets that contain said coins and shells, etc., etc. and I’m still confused. I’m really only interested in doing the one gold and silver coin to pocket trick, and the “Johnson hopping half set” that everyone talks about is a little out of my price range at the moment. Is the “gold and silver coin trick” or “the two coin trick.” As its sometimes called, the same as the “sun/moon trick” I’ve heard about? For example, is this all I really need to do this specific routine?

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/gold-and-silver-p-2859.html

Thank's for setting me straight.
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Maybe I'm being confusing. Let me rephrase my question. Is the item at the link above a hopping half?
Ah...I think I've figured it out. A sun/moon set simply comes with an expanded shell and the set above does not. Am I right? Anyone? Oh well.

Thanks again.

yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2083 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Hearttau,

The "Gold and Silver" trick you've linked above is a Hopping Half. I believe there was a thread about the Gold and Silver gaff (if I remember correctly, the gist was that it was not of the best quality). You might try the search function to see if you run across the thread.

Good luck with the Hopping Half. It's one of my favorite routines.

Regards, Steve
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
I don't know for sure, but I think that this set functions as a hopping half. I believe it has 2 expanded ]'s and the sun and moon coin. Hopefully somebody can confirm

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Thank you both for replying,

Steve & Stevie

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve read numerous threads regarding sun moon sets and unfortunately the one that came close to answering my question ended with one person recommending the other poster PM another forum member. Being a newcomer it would be rude of me to PM someone who doesn’t know who I am.

Anyway, I’ve decided to go for the Johnson set and to buy it from Tannen’s or Fantasma in person probably next week. From what I’ve read, it’s best to see the coins in person.

All the best to both of you.

Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Hearttau, Its a great set of coins and worth every penny. don't settle for anything less than Johnson.
Pauly
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Have Pity on the Hopping Half Confused! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL