The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Books for dual reality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 05:34, David Numen wrote:
I think DR can undoubtedly be a powerful tool but I personally find that most people I've seen use it overlook an important factor - spectator reaction. In a situation where the audience is meant to believe you have just done something incredible with a participant but the participant knows something else has gone on, they just don't react the same way as if you had done some straightforward and direct mindreading.

Best,

David.

My thoughts as well. It is an interesting balance that has to be achived. I think the same could be said about preshow work, which is kind of DR when you think about it as well.
Vinzent
View Profile
New user
París, France
98 Posts

Profile of Vinzent
I think that Perceptions Is Everythinh of Bruce Bernstein is also an excellent dual reality book. But you have to use dual reality if you need it, not simply for the sake of using it.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Warning! Paolo's comparison - between movies and Mentalism - ahead!!!

Legenda:

- Dual Reality = Special Effects
- Mentalism Effect/Routine = Motion Picture

Dual Reality is to me like the Special Effects (FX) in a motion picture.

The motion picture and its soundtrack are the real theme/frame/storyboard of the effect (or routine).

If the FX are not special at all, but rather lousy, to the point it was better if there were none... Then, the result of your use of Dual Reality is none or even counter-productive.

On the other hand, if the motion picture sucks, the FX could be the ONLY good thing in it, but they will not save the motion picture storyboard and, plus, in our case, we don’t want that people talk about our motion picture (effect) ONLY BECAUSE of OUR FX (Dual Reality) ... if you get what I'm writing!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
This contrast between movie and mentalism: It makes great sense to me
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Paolo, a perfect metaphore!
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thanks Kennedy! It fits my style of thinking!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The key to succesful dual reality is that mentalism effects are occurring in both - just it appears enhanced or different to one group versus the other... so that you don't short change anyone...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 05:25, Ken Dyne wrote:
I use a fair amount in my shows both close up and in stage. I mainly perform stage so I find that I have a lot more flexibility and oppotunity to use the principle.

Hello, Ken.
I bought your book, Thoughts So Far.

Could you tell me the names of DR effects in the book except Open Transmission?
Thanks.

@Jay@
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Books for dual reality (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL