The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New Rolling Table Is...Well, It's Rolling! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Okay, I've been using the Dan Harlan briefcase/ditch bag set-up and it's great -- but there are some shows I do which take more equipment than will fit inside the case. So, I've tweaked the basic suitcase table idea so it's stationary instead of collapsible, built a steel frame instead of relying on solid wood panels for structural strength, and added wheels that won't grind away on a trip across a parking lot. Not much to look at yet (it rather resembles one of those carts they sell at the grocery stores -- on steroids!), but I may post photos later.

We'll see how much interest this thread attracts Smile
gw156
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of gw156
I'm interested....do you have an image you can upload??
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Okay, so the table framework has been welded together from 5/8" square steel tubing, the axle has been installed and the wheels are in place. There's a top with provision for an eventual servante, and a middle shelf. I planned on covering the frame with 1/4" Finland birch, but the panels made the rig too heavy -- so, I'll cover the lower portion with painted ply, but the upper portion will be heavyweight green fabric.

When finished, the rig is intended to look like a brick planter with shrubbery growing out of it.

I may get ambitious later and post pix.

Leland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New Rolling Table Is...Well, It's Rolling! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL