The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pill Bottle Chop Cup? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Hey all. This just crossed my mind, but I wanted to run it by you guys since I think it might not be such a great idea after all.

Anyways, after brainstorming some possible chop cup ideas, I thought about making my own with an oversized pill bottle. It would solve many problems with pocket space and such (about 1.5 inches in diameter), ubt just doesn't seem like a great idea.

What if someone that just got over abusing prescription painkillers (just an example! Smile) saw my routine, that could possibly set them back. Do you think painting it (like a dye) another color would sovle any problems? I really want to try it out, and make like a concept one. I think it would be fun and interesting.

Any and all opinions would be very much appreciated. Also, any ideas for another chop cup would be great.

Best,
Steve

P.S. What about a film cannister? I can probably get one that's already black, and won't have to worry about such a controversial object.
curlyclimber222
View Profile
New user
NJ
16 Posts

Profile of curlyclimber222
I actually like that idea, it sounds like there are many comical possibilites. I don't think that I would perform it though. IT woudl be a trick just for myself.

As soon as you asked for more ideas I thought of two things instantly. One is the film canister (great minds thing alike Smile ) The other idea is a can. Like a can of peas or tuna or soda...

Ben Winter
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
530 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I thought about the film canister but those are becoming obsolete. If you use the pill canister I would make a anti drug routine to get over the pill bottle thing.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Sauce cups come in different materials and sizes.
A large thimble perhaps?
Mouthwash caps?
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Thanks for all the ideas. I am going to try to get some black film cannisters, and look for a small magnet as well. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could possibly find a magnet?

Best,
Steve
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19729 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
American Science and Surplus. In Chicago on Milwaukee Ave. They have a web page.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
curlyclimber222
View Profile
New user
NJ
16 Posts

Profile of curlyclimber222
Just use a pk Ring, it will work just as well.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
582 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Quote:
On 2007-04-07 16:39, Magic_Steve wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas. I am going to try to get some black film cannisters, and look for a small magnet as well. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could possibly find a magnet?

Best,
Steve
Hi, I picked up some small supermagnets at the local hardware store. By the way I also like the film canister idea. Thanks.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
No problem. If anyone wants to use it, feel free. It's not copyrighted...yet Smile.

And thanks so much for all the info and where I can buy some magnets! It's really appreciated!

Best,
Steve

P.S. FYI, you can't copyright an idea anyways can you?...otherwise, the company MAGICMAKERS would be SOL. Smile
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
If you use the pill bottle you could finish with the giant pill (it's a pen) from Tom Ladshaw.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
That's an interesting idea. I made a chop cup out of a cup from Subway. It worked well enough until my roommate thought it was trash and threw it out. Smile
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Steve,
Nice thoughts on this. Now you have me thinking. Instead of a pill container, maybe a vitamin bottle...I'll have to see if any of them come in a cylinder shaped bottle. Seems most that I remember come in more of a "funnel" shaped (for lack of better wording) bottle. Then you could end with the big pill for final load without the drug connotation. Could open the "vitamin" and place a small magnet (Radio Shack has them) inside and use the PK ring for the routine. Thanks Steve....not like I have enough things to already think about...lol.
Patrick
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2007-04-10 11:23, patrick flanagan wrote:
Thanks Steve....not like I have enough things to already think about...lol.
Patrick

Your welcome. Let me know if you want some more ideas. I have plenty to keep you up at night...Smile.

Best,
Steve
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hey all,
Pete from Ronjo Magic here. Anyone remember Steve Dusheck's - pill chop cup? Not a perscription container but rather from one of the folding camping cups, with the lid on it. Inside his cup lid, was another small snap cover "pill box". It came with 3 pills, two pink (1 gaffed, one normal) & 1 green. These were clear capsule pills, filled with Kool-Aid or something.
The final load was a small plastic baby. The patter was about birth control.
Take care,
Pete
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3357 Posts

Profile of Julie
For a final load, the giant pill/capsule by Tom Ladshaw (the one that will standup in your hand) would be a logical and funny visual...

Julie
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Some great ideas!

A pill or vitamin set-up could (as Pete reminds us with the Dusheck bit) be used for more than just an anti-drug message. Depending on your performance character, you could combine this with some great clown gags -- a plunger "stethescope" and a specimen bottle with a stool sample (with an actual doll-sized stool inside). The specimen bottle could be rigged as a chop cup.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Trekdad, A plunger chop cup & a stool. Wow! Love it.
tony2514
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
162 Posts

Profile of tony2514
I think the pill bottle idea is fantastic! I also wouldn't worry about offending or upsetting anyone who may have had a problem with addiction to prescription meds. If you worried about ALL the people who may be offended, you wouldn't do anything and using pill bottles is not insesitive.

I agree about using a PK ring instead of inserting magnets - in fact on the Wizard PK Ring DVD there is a lovely 'chopless chop-cup' routine shown using the ring.

Film cannisters would work well, but they are becoming obsolete and people would identify less with them than a pill bottle
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
I might have to go pick up a couple PK Rings to experiment with. Sounds cool. Thanks for all the ideas everyone! I'm sure a lot of people are getting some brilliant ideas from here! Smile

Thanks!
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pill Bottle Chop Cup? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL