The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-rays Notepad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 01:17, Josh Zandman wrote:
Don't you have the pdf?? Tell us more!

JZ

mr.zandman I was asking if someone had a preview of the thing not just the cover promo
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 13:48, chichi711 wrote:
Is this the "dog with roots" I was promised. Smile

No Chichi, the "dog with roots" will come to you in combo with "the barking dog" when AWAY MAN will put his seal of approval on the package. Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
This sounds like another revolutionary idea from Paolo (H.O.W.) Cavalli.

I have no trouble believing this will work just as he says it does, and being that is the case, I believe we will have yet another great tool at our disposal.

Keep them coming!

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Sounds like the ultimate "workers" notepad...can't wait to get this!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 14:36, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 13:48, chichi711 wrote:
Is this the "dog with roots" I was promised. Smile

No Chichi, the "dog with roots" will come to you in combo with "the barking dog" when AWAY MAN will put his seal of approval on the package. Smile

Ah got ya. Just throw this in as a kicker. Smile Really cant wait to order this. Sounds very promising.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
First, I have some of Paolo's material, and his thinking *IS* brilliant! So I hate to play devil's advocate, but no one has addressed this issue: how do we stop the spectator from thinking that it is a simple impression on the second page of the pad? After all, whether that *is* the method or not, we, as performers, are supposed to direct our audience's attention away from what they think it might be, since we don't want them to have an explanation, correct or not, no?

Lee
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Quote:
On 2007-04-10 00:17, espmagic wrote:
First, I have some of Paolo's material, and his thinking *IS* brilliant! So I hate to play devil's advocate, but no one has addressed this issue: how do we stop the spectator from thinking that it is a simple impression on the second page of the pad? After all, whether that *is* the method or not, we, as performers, are supposed to direct our audience's attention away from what they think it might be, since we don't want them to have an explanation, correct or not, no?

Lee

Your question raises the exact same points as Simon Lea did with his Image-Grabber (reviewed here). In the Image-Grabber book, he says there are 3 impressions left in a mentalist's notepad. The first is on the page the spec wrote on, the second is pressed into the page beneath that and the third is on the gimmick - all spectators know about the first two.

The secret is to read the 3rd one without the specs assuming you read the second. The image-grabber was designed to answer that problem. A similar principle could be used in the above effect. If the spec rips out the first page (1st impression) and the pad is left unopened or is not returned then the mentalist/magician can not be accused of seeing the second page (2nd impression). The specs are unaware of the gimmick (3rd impression).

Image-grabbers are designed to be reloaded time after time. So it's quite possible, that if your spec had the same kind or simliar notepad to the one you use, you could pick up his/her page and load that instead of yours. You could be left clean at the end and so return the pad.

I haven't read Paolo's PDF but his method is for any pad or notebook. This is a very interesting idea and one I will certainly be taking a look at when it's released.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I, for one, see this as a possible equivalent to mentalism as a bit of manna falling from above.

You know, the kind of dealer adds and ubiquitous hype that seems to float in the very air within the good old magic shop. -- In other words the kinds of signal that should send ones radar off.

Curiously, knowing Paolo and his standards for the material he releases, I for one am not worried about tasting the bitter sting of a shady dealer add.

I look forward to being pleasantly impressed and obtaining that all too fleeting feeling of money well worth spent in this art.

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Agreed. Paolo's work is doable, practical and most ingenious, so I am very anxious to to see what's up. Ain't got a clue as to his thinking on this one, so it will be a surprise for sure. Talk about walking around with a No-Prop Act in your pocket! I'm thinking this one will put money in your pocket sooner or later.

It is sure something to look forward to. I love stuff you 'just up and do'!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
What if, using a borrowed pencil and a post-a note pad; you could code any card in a deck freely chosen: or any one of up to over 100 names, objects etc without saying a single word? Would you be interested? THis is not asked as a hypothetical question. THe method actually exists.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I would be interested - and that is not just a hypothesis, matey - you can inscribe it in the ship's log as cold, hard, solid fact!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Paolo,
please put me also on your list.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Ok, let me add some details.

First of all, yes, I'm the creator and seller of this... and so, as any other author putting out things, I may be biased.

But, if we leave aside for a moment the fact that you still need to do *something* to get your info (which I think you took for granted) I will give you more than one way to skin a cat (poor cat!)

In fact, I will give you three methods (and three VERY EASY TO MAKE gimmicks) so that you can adapt yourself to the different, possible situations you may encounter.

The X-Rays method is the one who gives the name to my book, then you will get two other methods that will work equally well, or even BETTER, in other situations.

Also, you are not restricted to notepads. TWO of my methods work really well for BUSINESS CARDS (without the need to put the business cards in an envelope or similar things - just you and some plain business cards) or with ENVELOPES alone.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
I am looking forward to this. From what I've read of Paolo's work, everything is audience tested enough times that it will be very workable. He's not one to falsely hype his work putting him on the very narrow 'Buy with confidence' list.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Sounds great, when will it be out?
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Put me down for one also.

Many Thanks
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
A copy here:many thanks
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-04-10 20:03, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

Also, you are not restricted to notepads. TWO of my methods work really well for BUSINESS CARDS (without the need to put the business cards in an envelope or similar things - just you and some plain business cards) or with ENVELOPES alone.

Work with post-it notes also?
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

YES! It works with Post-It Notes.

Actually, I should say, THEY work with Post-It Notes because more than one of the methods given in my upcoming book will easily work with Post-It Notes pads.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Great!, count me in for that one and your equiv piece when complete Smile

I have a question I would like to PM Loth, but no PM's for you...please contact me if you care to answer.

Best-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-rays Notepad (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL