The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Stone - Real Secrets Of Magic - Vol. 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 14:43, daviaac wrote:
Its here ladies and gentleman
that's right
its on the way

Ive pre-ordered not sure when hank lee might send it to me though I'm sure it will be soon.

Pre-ordered from Hank Lee? Volume 3 will be relased before you get your order.
:rotf:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Got this, watched it, liked it.

I prefer 1 but 2 is worth consideration. Same high production values. Same commercial magic from the Frenchman.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
I gotta say, this is probably one of the best produced set of DVD's that I've ever seen. I have never had my attention held like that from a magic video before. Even though these guys were new to filming, they did a great job, and have a knack for this.

David.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Sleightly off-topic, but has anyone noticed how the title graphics in the recent batch of Penguin Magic instant downloads looks a lot like the ones in the two productions? Guess effects aren't the only things that get ripped off...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well this all sounds great but I'm gonna need a real review. I loved the first one for everything, Effects, explanations and just over all great entertainment. Is this second one left wanting or does it fit the bill? The Trailer looks good, most of all I like the what seems to be a reverse triumph routine where all the cards turn face up in your hand and there selection is reversed in the middle. But how is the rest of them?
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
It's here? is it? where?
can I have it?
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 18:01, paisa23 wrote:
Well this all sounds great but I'm gonna need a real review. I loved the first one for everything, Effects, explanations and just over all great entertainment. Is this second one left wanting or does it fit the bill? The Trailer looks good, most of all I like the what seems to be a reverse triumph routine where all the cards turn face up in your hand and there selection is reversed in the middle. But how is the rest of them?

Paisa23, the second one is very good I'm glad I picked it up and there are things I'll definitely use. Picking which is the best btween vols one and two is tricky, but if pushed I'd probably put volume one slightly ahead.

Apart from the routines, Vol 2 talks about various situations that a retaurant worker will encounter, such as tips, hecklers and working the table effectively etc.

There is some great advice regarding the above issues but the real reason I purchased this was for the routines and once again David doesn't fail to deliver.

There is some really nice coin stuff (productions etc.) and some very nice 'commercial' card routines. The routine you mentioned is a real worker and one that I intend to use. There is also a great travellers routine on there which I really love.

In addition he has some routines using items other than coins and cards - such as napkins, cigarettes, glass etc.

Pretty much all of these routines are workers that you could use easily in a walk around setting. Having said that, there are a couple which use some table space (he talks about his method of getting space on a table elsewhere on the DVD) and there is one which is a stand alone effect - by that I mean that it needs a bit of set up and it certainly doesn't reset. It's a great effect though - it's called Duncan.

Hopefully that short but sweet review will be of some help. I would say though, that if you liked Volume One you'll like Volume Two.

Cheers
Billy
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1547 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 13:17, tian_ci wrote:
I give it 3 days before it hits the illegal downloadings sites (i'll watch). Most new ellusionist releases that are instant downloads do at least.

Creators gotta think of that stuff!

Defintely, I agree no more than that... maybe even within 24 hours ...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

http://rubiksdream.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Quote:
I give it 3 days before it hits the illegal downloadings sites (i'll watch). Most new ellusionist releases that are instant downloads do at least.

It won't be because of the download. Whole DVD's are ripped and posted online. It's happening to everyone. Also... so nice of you to watch... how many have you downloaded?

David.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 22:38, Kronos9326 wrote:
Quote:

It won't be because of the download. Whole DVD's are ripped and posted online. It's happening to everyone. Also... so nice of you to watch... how many have you downloaded?

David.

Actually, I find it quite interesting to watch. I cry when I see something I bought posted online for the entire world to take for free, but it's good to know what's been circulated and what has not. Just because people know where to get it doesn't mean that they do.

You don't find it weird that "Ellusionist secrets" is probably the most searched term in magic? When a video is released by E, you know that it is a high quality video, but on the other hand, you KNOW that it will much more likely be posted on the internet than if it was from another company. Just makes it that much harder.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 21:15, BIlly James wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-31 18:01, paisa23 wrote:

Paisa23, the second one is very good I'm glad I picked it up and there are things I'll definitely use. Picking which is the best btween vols one and two is tricky, but if pushed I'd probably put volume one slightly ahead.

Apart from the routines, Vol 2 talks about various situations that a retaurant worker will encounter, such as tips, hecklers and working the table effectively etc.

There is some great advice regarding the above issues but the real reason I purchased this was for the routines and once again David doesn't fail to deliver.

There is some really nice coin stuff (productions etc.) and some very nice 'commercial' card routines. The routine you mentioned is a real worker and one that I intend to use. There is also a great travellers routine on there which I really love.

In addition he has some routines using items other than coins and cards - such as napkins, cigarettes, glass etc.

Pretty much all of these routines are workers that you could use easily in a walk around setting. Having said that, there are a couple which use some table space (he talks about his method of getting space on a table elsewhere on the DVD) and there is one which is a stand alone effect - by that I mean that it needs a bit of set up and it certainly doesn't reset. It's a great effect though - it's called Duncan.

Hopefully that short but sweet review will be of some help. I would say though, that if you liked Volume One you'll like Volume Two.

Cheers
Billy

You did it Justice brother, I will order tomorrow. Thanks again.
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
I have ordered it. I tried the download from ellusionist but it does not work with macs because of window media players evil DRM. Somehow I managed to get through the net. But, they very kindly, are refunding my order and I have ordered the dvd direct from http://realsecretsofmagic.com/
stuartjp
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of stuartjp
Woooooow wasnt expected this so soon I'm ordering mine later.David stone is great loads of videos on youtube links below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQHME615hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6Gn-zi6NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln1OxlPH5DM
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Krono's thanks for the assumption. How many have I downloaded? None, Nada, Nothing.

It is nice for me to watch, I've reported several file sharing sites to ellusionist. You should be thanking me instead of pointing the finger.

Regards
Matt
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I look sometimes as well. I'm nto sure why I think I like torturing myself there is nothing like shelling out 20-50 dollars then see its beign distrubuted for free to the world
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 11:35, tian_ci wrote:
Krono's thanks for the assumption. How many have I downloaded? None, Nada, Nothing.

It is nice for me to watch, I've reported several file sharing sites to ellusionist. You should be thanking me instead of pointing the finger.

Regards
Matt

If that's the case then:

1. Thanks.
2. My apologies for the insinuation.

David.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 11:35, tian_ci wrote:

Regards
Matt

Really? I reported that once to Ellusionist and that stupid person reply they cannot read Chinese and do not know what is it...

The freaking Bit Torrent icon is right on the screen and they know nothing!

How am I suppose to help the community? Buy my own flight ticket to the States and teach them how to search those BT torrents? What a joke!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

zerofire
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of zerofire
Calm down, Steven. You can't expect an US magic company to take any action against other web site that locate in Asia. They are so far away~
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 12:08, zerofire wrote:
Calm down, Steven. You can't expect an US magic company to take any action against other web site that locate in Asia. They are so far away~

Thanks for chill out my anger... but I do not think I can calm down about the magic scene these days...

Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 12:08, zerofire wrote:

the legal situation might also be different . . .
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Stone - Real Secrets Of Magic - Vol. 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL