The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Organizing the Inside (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I have some cases I think will be great, but I need to organize the insides so things aren't bouncing all over. What do you install to keep props in place, organized and protected?

Thanks--

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Tweet
View Profile
New user
Maryland
12 Posts

Profile of Tweet
Well, my case came with dividers, but there are many things that you can do. I personally would go to my local craft store and pick up some thick foam rubber. Then I would be able to cut it to perfectly fit everything I wanted.

Good luck,
Dan
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use everything from cut-down food boxes to Tupperware to keep the props in. They're wedged against each other, so there's no need to fasten them to the bottom of the case.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You can also use "pick 'n pluck" foam (I think that's what it is called) if you can find it.

Regan
Mister Mystery
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
The kitchen drawer silverware organizers work for me.

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
I love velcro dots- I use them on props that won't be hindered by having something stuck on them
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good photo equipment cases and good metal briefcases that are set up for tools often have adjustable dividers. These are really great. Price range on these is anywhere from about $20 to about $80. The more expensive ones have metal that is a bit thicker on the surfaces, and they tend to have better edge protection.

Look at places like Ritz/Wolf camera stores. Sometimes these go on sale and you can make out like a bandit then.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
As an addition to what Bill says above, The difference in the price of the cases is often very noticable when you carry it awhile. The handles of many of the higher priced ones is often much more comfortable. However, if you simply stack them on a hand truck rather than carry them by the handle, who cares? For the ones I must carry, I spend the extra money. Hand comfort counts!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Oh yes, if you were to carry the case for quite a distance, getting good quality case that comes with a comfortable handle can make a big difference to your hand condition just before a performance. And if you are doing a manipulation act, it will affect the performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Organizing the Inside (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL