The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » What year was the San Diego IBM Convention? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I'm trying to remember what year the San Diego IBM Convention occured. It was at the Town and Country Hotel on Hotel Circle and would've been around 1976 or so. That much I do remember. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks much.

Ron
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Hi Ron,

It was in the summer of 2002.

That was a great convention. But then again anytime I can get to-gether with other fellow magicians I always make it a great time.

See you Reno this summer?

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Ron -

Steve is too young to remember. There have been three IBM Conventions in San Diego. The first was in 1978 at the Town & Country and was the last IBM convention with the stage shows in a flat floor hotel ballroom. The next one was in 1989 at the then Omni Hotel in downtown with the stage shows at the Civic Theatre and the last one was as Steve mentioned in 2002 back at the Town and Country and with the stage shows at the Civic Theatre downtown.

Bill
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Bill and Steve:

Thanks so much - the 1978 Convention was the first convention I ever attended. Three buddies and I took a Greyhound Bus there. I remember there was a terrific German Manipulator who won the contest, and was killed shortly after by a mugger, when he returned to Germany.

Steve:

I'd love to go to Reno, especially since it's so close to Phoenix. But, unfortunately, they'll be no convention this year - I've had over $12,000 in vet bills in the last year. It's turned out well - both my dogs are doing great, but I'll have to take a break from any summer vacation this year. Reno looks like it's shaping up to be a really good one!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » What year was the San Diego IBM Convention? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL