The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Viking needle through arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I have an original Pomeroy that I think this one was based\borrowed\ripped-off from (depending on your point of view). It is simply the best needle out there. Pomeroy was a stickler for detail and quality and this version of the needle is simply unsurpased. I can't do the trick do to physical restraints but I'd never part with my needle as it is a work of art.

If Vikings Needle is one tenth the quality of the original then it is wrht the price.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
That Pomeroy is a work of art, too. That's one that I just added to my needle/chopper collection.

Steve
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I am thinking of buying 'You-Do Voodoo' Would it be suitable for walk around, does it take much time to re-set or set up!

I have no knowledge of this type of effect so would be greatful for any advice, feel free to PM me if you have this and can offer any advice!!

Many thanks

Ash
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Doubt you'll be doing this in walkaround. Reset is NOT instant. There are some physical (as Payne said) restrictions to how often you'll perform this.

Steve
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Thanks Steve - Can it be ready to perform once at the end of a stand up show??

or once at the end of a walk around gig?

Ash
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
I have the Viking and the Anderson needles. The Viking is much better. However, this effect, while very effective, is a huge pain to execute. You are dealing with substances that are a pain to work with. I stopped doing this effect because it took too much work.
Arnie
VaclavH
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of VaclavH
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 12:37, Stevethomas wrote:
That Pomeroy is a work of art, too. That's one that I just added to my needle/chopper collection.

Steve

John Pomeroy's needle was made by John pomeroy and sold thru Vking magic for years.
Vaclav
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Resurrecting an old topic seemed a better idea than starting a new one...

I owned a Harry Andersen Needle Thru Arm that was purchased in the 1980s. I hadn't used it in years and when I recently took it out the box I discovered the gimmick had basically fallen apart. It was the screw-on type of gimmick and there was no way to repair it. It was never that robust in the first place.

I enjoy freaking people out with this effect and, in fact, I was planning to perform it this past Sunday (party gathering). But, without the special something added to enhance the effect I opted to skip it. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

Thanks to this topic, I decided to order the Viking version. Hopefully it will last me the rest of my days.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Awesome, Viking has already shipped my new Needle thru Arm and their free shipping is FedEx 2-day service. It took a couple of other magic retailers nearly a week to ship my last orders (their websites indicated all items in stock) and the deliveries are 3-4 days despite both companies being in the same state as me.

I wish Amazon carried a larger selection of magic effects, its efficiency has me spoiled.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Viking needle through arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL