The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Biz of Bizarre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LMAO!!! HA!

that's right--darned squares--WE'RE the only SQUARES here, heh Frater? :.

:)
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
470 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
My prime advice:

Concentrating on finding audiences - venues are easy to get.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
magic113
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of magic113
Hi Chris...Sorry it took a while to get back here...I was busy all this past weekend with programs...I thought my original post was self explaintory...I'm a magician...I've done magic, mentalism and at one point bizarre magic...I was simply pointing out that psychic fairs might be a good place to promote you bizarre magic program...As I said, I think it would be a good idea...I'm planning to try it soon as a way of promoting my Halloween program and possibly a bizarre program...That's all...I wasn't talking about venues or how I promote myself...

Hope that clears things up...

Ted
Ted Peterson
Stage Left Magic
ted@newfairresources.com
www.newfairresources.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Thanks, Ted. Yes that does.

Chris
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
Nobody has mentioned one aspect of the business & that's writing material, creating props, etc.

One thing I've noticed on this side of magic is the ability of the bizarrist to create their own demand. For example, Stephen Minch could probably have made quite a killing, at first, for 'Lovecraftian Ceremonies' but chose to release it as a limited edition; this drives up interest for his other works, which may or may not be of the same caliber. I've noticed several other writers & prop creators release their art as a limited edition (as is their right).

Supplying the bizarre magician is also part of this business, and I would love to hear from a few of those people who visit the forums and who have successfully supplied us with such awesome material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Biz of Bizarre (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL