The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Dove Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

albrunaz
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of albrunaz
What is the best Invisible Dove Harness ???
I've the Tony C. harness but for my doves is too small.
Also the thread, I try it but it's too frail.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There are many types of invisible harness and most you can "make fit". If the "thread" is the loop, I feel sorry for your doves! It is not a jerk line like you use training a roping horse! A dove is about 5 oz. and most harness manufacturers use 10 lb line. Magicians weight more. There is no need to put a dove through that stress to break the line. Even in expert hands invisible harnesses are dangerous for doves.

Talk to a dove magic pro and get some expert dove handling pointers. This sounds exactly like the reason I don't use or sell invisible harnesses. It puts doves at risk while the magician learns. I don't want to play. I don't want to become the reason by example to someone else who injures or kills a dove.

I really wish magicians with less than ten years of dove magic experience would avoid invisible harnesses.

This is not poster specific. But it is a problem with new dove magicians I see way too often to excuse. Magic with live animals is not like card or coin magic.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi !

I have only two invisible harnesses in my act, one from Tony Clark and one from Dan Birch !!!

I never had any problems with my two doves and with theses harnesses in 8 years. It really depends in fact how you use them ...

regards
allan
albrunaz
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of albrunaz
For me the Tony Clark harness is too small and the dove not fly very well (fall down).
How is the Dan Birch harness ??
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Albrunaz -Sounds to me like you probably need to work on something other than Invisible Harnesses until you are experienced enough to use one. I would suggest Dove Bag/or holders. Please do something before you injure a dove pretty badly.
albrunaz
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of albrunaz
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 06:57, 1906Alpha1906 wrote:
Albrunaz -Sounds to me like you probably need to work on something other than Invisible Harnesses until you are experienced enough to use one. I would suggest Dove Bag/or holders. Please do something before you injure a dove pretty badly.

Where Can I find a video for training dove ?
I've seen Tony Clark video on I.M.S. DVD, but explain very well the production but not training.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Albrunaz, Tony Clarks series "Unmasked I and II", Andy Amyx "doves 101" and Greg Frewins "complete course in dove magic" are all excellent videos and devote a lot of time to dove training. Greg's is the most expensive at $150. The others are around $35 each.
Where the magic begins
smagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of smagic
I use ICE McDonalds invisible harnesses and I have not had any problems with them.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Most of the Invisble harness sold on the market is based on the design idea from Jim Rainho... http://www.rainho.com/STAGE%20TRICKS.html ....but variation added here & there.

I have uses a lot...think Greg Frewin 's version is very easy & pretty ok too...u may check out his DVD

Hope this helps Smile
doveboy
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The problem isn't that the harnesses are not well-made. The problem is that any harness that allows the doves' wings or legs to be extended during the early part of the production subject them to breakage and other damage. To me it simply isn't worth the risks to the dove. Safer methods are certainly available.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Dove Harness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL