The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Windows! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Hey Gene. I'm having that red mug problem again, they won't go away. Last time this happend I recall you telling me to delete my Café cookies and clear out my internet cache (I think). Well I have this pretty new version of windows (NT or whatever the heck it is) and I can't find the dang cookies. I even did file searches and they turned up nothing. Any help?
Yakworld.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
443 Posts

Profile of Gene
Search for the file using "containing text" and search all local drives. Certain Windows versions (esp. 2000 or NT) can have multiple setups, so finding the "Cookies" folder can be confusing. If you search, putting "cookies" in the "named" field, that should show you where the folder is. I just did that on my work computer (Win2000 Pro).
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Man I hate computers.

Alright I found two files:

c:windows.temp

and

c:windowssystem32conf...

Both are .DAT files and tehy won't let me open them. Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm running Windows XP home edition (which I hate).

Thanks Gene.
Yakworld.
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
Hey Burt, if you're running Internet Explorer 6 you can go to the Tools menu then Internet Options. It will open up the dialog and in the middle there is a button to delete cookies and a button to "delete files" which would be your cache.

-Dan
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Alright. That got rid of everything. Now the problem is I can't log back in. I keep getting a "cannot display page" when I try. I must have tried a least 20 times yesterday. I had to use my laptop to get you this message.

Arg. What now?

Now it's working Gene. Musta been a big ugly gremlin!
Yakworld.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
443 Posts

Profile of Gene
Must be ... aren't computers fun? Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Windows! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL