The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tricks with a folding half?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Hey besides the blatantly obvious use for a folding u.s half, I am interested to hear what uses you guys may have come up with, mainly so I can steal your ideas and publish them, Mua hahahaha. nahh just kidding guys, but seriously can you guys throw some ideas at me. And I don't want stupid answers questioning why I want to know this or why I don't just use sleights or something because I find a lot of times I will ask a darn question and just get critisized for wanting to do such a thing, annoying that's all.

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi Ryan, you may want to check out "Destroyers" by Troy Hooser or Dan Watkins "Coinvanish Volume 2" the "Four Coins Your Hands" routine, which is also on his DVD "Coin Man Walking". I have personally been learning and practicing Dan Watkins routine "Four Coins Your Hands" for several months and it is a killer routine and something you can perform in the spectators hands.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
In Bobos there's the ring penetration using a folder and a similar one going through a hole in a card (business card?)
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If it's the kind with only one cut, how about cutting 2 pieces of paper the same roundness as the half dollar. Place one piece of paper on top and the other piece of paper on the bottom of the coin. Stick a pin through the center of everything.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Oops, sorry Ryan, I was thinking about a "flipper" coin, not a "folding" coin. I just realized that from seeing tbaer's post.....
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
It's all good fingers. Thanks for your guys' help I really appreciate it, The Dan watkins dvd sounds interesting I think I will pick it up.

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Good choice Ryan, the DVD is really very good.....
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Even if you have a two-cut folder, you could still do the 'pin thru' trick. Your hole would just have to be a little off-center. In fact, you could stick several pins through in different places. I'd use a 'voodoo doll' theme. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
David roths expert coin magic book, contains various routines using a folding coin
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Sanders teaches a routine in which he says he dropped a coin in a store when he was buying something, and it broke. (showing pieces) and then restores them by putting them in a paper clip. It's on the sankey sanders sessions, and I think you can catch a glimpse of it on the demo.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
Do a search on google....make sure it is in " ".
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Michael Ammar's Coin in Bottle utilizes this, and is a great routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tricks with a folding half?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL