The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer versus Bang On (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 12:44, magicinsight wrote:
Instead, get a himber wallet and The Best of John Mendoza DVD set for a great routine using only one wallet which is on the table the entire time. You do need a deck of cards as opposed to Bang On which uses a thought of card. However, if done properly, the selection of the card from a deck of cards in John Mendoza's himber wallet routine seems more of a free choice than if a spectator thinks of card which may be thought of as a psychological force ie. women always think of the Queens of Hearts. In addition, with Bang On, there is a possibility that the wrong card can be shown and here is the problem of fumbling around to get the proper card wheras Mendoza's himber walelt is more direct without fumbling. I personally think John Mendoza's routine is better than Bang On and Nemo 1500 for these reasons.

Michael

Is this his take on Al Koran's 5 Star Prediction? If so, it is both fair and brilliant . . . a wonderful routine!

I prefer KK myself and have used it nearly everyday for 8 years or so. That's a lot of use! I cannot speak higher of this routine. I have only seen a demo of Bang On, and personally, I was not all that impressed.

For what its worth, I also love being OBO, as most people who know their KK very well do!

Best,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Nemo 1500 you can not compare with KK or BangOn. Nemo 1500 is very strong and of course you could combine it with BangOn. You wouldn't need a Koran Deck. You can compare KK and BangOn and it is a matter of taste. I prefer BangOn. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Is this the trick Marc Oberon performs on the Session DVD?
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 12:19, Hollyfeld wrote:
Sly--What is it that you like better about Nemo than Bang On?

Nemo is different than KK or BangOn because the spectator stops at a drawn card to match the card you put in the wallet, versus simply calling out a card. That is significant to magicians who are aware of force decks like Koran.

But, I agree that, to a layman, Nemo plays similar and is much stronger because it makes no difference to a layman whether or not they call out a card or stop at a card drawn from a deck. Heck, you can show the spectator that they could have stopped at any number of different cards surrounding the chosen one.

In Nemo the revelation is one card in the wallet, no envelopes or awkward movements. The spectator can open the wallet and turn the card over. The wallet can even be examined. But Nemo goes one step further: Its a double revelation, because the card is permanently stamped on the back of the wallet! It simply leaves the spectator with no clue how you knew.

I would rank em' from the top: Nemo 1500, Bang On, then KK. The KK "one off" makes it a little "odd" to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Kolossal Killer versus Bang On (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL