The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A Complete Book Of Asrah (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Dennis, thanks! It's very appreciated!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
In addition to this book I bought Osborne's New Asrah plans. This book doesn't give complete plans but it does help understand bases, tables and forms.
Dennis Michael
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
You're right Dennis, the plans are good. The only think is maybe you would change the canva for an aluminium floor...Do you agree with me?
ScottTheMagician
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ScottTheMagician
I too just bought this book and while it has a lot of great information in it, I don't think I need to keep it around forever...

So if anyone is interested in owning it, make me an offer!

My personal email is: Scott@ScottandMuriel.com.

The book is in like new condition, having only been skimmed through by me.

If you've ever considered perfroming the Asrah I think it's a good investment.

I did!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hey Dennis,

Anything new in the book? One comment mentioned that "I can't think of anything that wasn't covered in the book." Is it just a compilation of existing materials?
As you know I have an extensive library.

Even through Stevens, it is an $80.00 "book"

Let us know.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

(P.S. I already have 4 Asrahs/Azra, including a rather different double Asrah that was used when "ShaZzam!" played the Desert Inn.)
WW
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of WW
For someone who owns the book: Does it mention the Astrah (yes, right spelling for this one) developed and sold by WizardWerks in the 1970's through 1995?

This is a two person (how could it be less?) effect completely self contained and packs up table and form into a box 18 x 20 x 38.

Mark Wilson liked it along with Jack of Goldfinger and Dove when they saw it at the Magic Castle.

It could float over your head, has a very visible vanish.

Curious if it is in there.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
New you say Blair... Since I don't own an Asrah, everything in a way is new to me.

For example. Osborne gave a picture of a form in one of the Genii Magazines, In this book there are detailed pictures of than many varies forms:

• Traditional Form
  • Complete Collapsible Form
  • Table Collapsible Form
  • Impromptu Form
  • Easy Constructed Form
  • Pillowcase Form
  • Suitcase Form
  • The Scissor Collapsible Form
  • Disposable Form

This alone is worth the price of the book because this is the real "meat" of the Asrah illusion. Then if you look at the contents above, there are numerous tables. I like OSborne's New Asrah Plan table which is not listed in the book.

As for the "ASTRAH" there are two take apart tables but I didn't notice a reference for "Astrah"

This book is an excellent book for those who have a love of the "Asrah Illusion" especially those who know very little about it.

Blair,

With already owning 4 Asrahs, you may be the exception, you really don't need a book on the Asrah, you probably could write one just on what you have.

Keep in mind there are 62 pages and the price places the pages a more than a $1.00 per page. I am not disappointed in the book at all, probably because I have a love for this illusion. It is so beautiful to see it performed.

If you are going to build one, then this book is worth the price. It talks about wood sizes, backdrops, tips and lighting. It really is a book for those who want to do this illusion right from building to performing.

For $80, and if I even thought it wasn't worth it then I would say so. It is an easy book to copy, however, that would be ethically wrong to do that and sell the original.
Dennis Michael
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thanks for the additional input Dennis.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
elligo
View Profile
New user
KZ
1 Post

Profile of elligo
Hello! where I can buy this book?
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Its out of print. Now commands a bigger price
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I had Dante's Asrah form hanging from my ceiling in my apartment. When I moved I forgot it, went back the next day to get it and the painters had come in and threw it away.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A Complete Book Of Asrah (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL