The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Taste? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
What is your favorite food to eat while dinning out with someone?

I never know which place to take my friends when ever we go out.. so I'm just wondering so that next time I'll have a good place to go out and eat....

thanks.

Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
If you're going out with the guys- Hooters (duh!)

If you're entertaining a special chick it's best to find out her tastes in advance and commit them, along with everything else she has said thus far, to memory.

If you're going out with a mixed company of friends- Hooters (duh!)
Yakworld.
spfranz
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
137 Posts

Profile of spfranz
McDonalds. Just kidding.

Want to find out what's good? Here's something we did to expose our kids (and ourselves) to foods from various cultures.

We went through the yellow pages restaurant section and turned to the part that lists by type of restaurant (Chinese, Greek, French, etc.). We wrote each type of restaurant down on a slip of paper and put them all in a little bag. Once a month, we pulled one out at random and picked a restaurant that sounded (or was recommended) as having the most authentic food of that particular type.

When we got there, we shared two entrees, two appetizers, and two desserts (there were four of us). We tried to order things that were a true sampling of the culture. Let me tell you, there is some really good food out there in the world. Peruvian knocked my socks off (they put french fries in their stir fry - how cool is that?).

Scott
Never ask a dog to watch your food.
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I'm 100% with my bud Yak !
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
If you are the slightest bit adventurous, try sushi. My wife and I love it and have been eating it for years. I do understand that alot of people want their food cooked and not just unconscious but you are almost bound to find something you will like.
ME
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
. . . because, as the old song goes:
"If you knew sushi
"Like I know sushi . . . "
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
WOW, these are great places to go to, why didn't I think of it... well thanks, Smile
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Try Malaysian food.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Either a good Thai place or Vietnamese.

For Thai I'd recommend 'Pad Thai' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_Thai )I usually go with either the chicken or shrimp.

For Vietnamese have 'Pho', Vietnamese noodle soup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph%E1%BB%9F Typically there's many to choose from. I usually go either bbq pork or seafood.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
Indian for preference, then Italian
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Is this a serious thread? OP has such a non-preference about food that the choice of what restaurant to go to is being deferred to a random poll? If you really care that little, I vote for letting your friends decide rather than offering a suggestion that is a consensus from a bunch of internet strangers.

Other than that, Indian food, preferably vegan.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Indian, Southwestern/Mex, French, Sushi, Italian.
Basically in descending order of favor...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-10-18 16:41, gaddy wrote:
Indian... in descending order of favor...

Every 6 months or so, Gaddy and I find common ground.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Pemmican and bannock. Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
685 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Go to Yelp.com or Chowhound.com. Type in the area you'll be hanging. Pick one that gets good reviews. Live a little.

If you want to make it an adventure, try hunting down one of those Gourmet Food Trucks so trendy at the moment. Some of the stuff is down right tasty.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Indian (not the pemmican and bannock type), Chinese, all you can eat sushi.

I like Italian food, but unless it is a really special place I find that the food at most Italian places is about as good as I can make at home given an onion, some garlic, a can of Ragu, and some pasta to work with.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Taste? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL