The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » tonights presentations... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Tonight in my restaurant work, I did some stuff that I haven't done in a long time. I was suprised it all came back so easy. I did 3 fly. I guess I played it up more, but it got the best reaction tonight. More so than at any other time. I might start doing it more and more. I also did a signed coin vanish that reappeared in my Shoe!! I even did a little cold reading. That is powerful stuff. I will have to work on more.

Chad
masterofthecoin
View Profile
New user
Michigan
13 Posts

Profile of masterofthecoin
Hey Chadmagic.....would you have any coin routines that you'd like to share?
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Hi Chad,
It's great when something that is almost an accident turns into something really special. I don't often do 3fly in restaurants, maybe I'll give it a try. Any tips for it?? Smile
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
tips on 3fly... do it well and do it often!

ok, heres some finesse on it. Really play up and focus on the back and forth motion of
"from here to here"

I extend the arm on "from here" and retract and extend the other arm on "to here"

In my patter, I say "these coins will travel from this hand [extend hand with 3 coins] to here [retract first arm and extend other arm] Making sure I look at those hands intensly.

Also, I do the vanishing moves when I focus on the other hand. and produce the coin, when the vanish is shown. They are always looking at the wrong hand when the coins move.

I say "don't look at this hand [extend 'empty' hand and vanish 1 coin] or you'll miss it when the 1st coin vanishes" [I extend the other arm and retract the empty hand producing it's coin]

For the 2nd coin I do just the opposite
"don't watch this hand or you'll miss the coin appear over here" [I do the same thing as above only reversed]

The rest of the routine is the same way. always getting them to look at the hand opposite the action.

To clean up the end I shuttle pass 2 of the 3 coins into the other hand, to show 3 in that hand, and I Goshman pinch that hidden coin then dump the 3 visible coins back into that hand. then put all away.

Chad
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Thanks for the tips Chad! Smile
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » tonights presentations... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL