The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coin Thru Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title:Coin Thru Box by Jesse Feinberg
Medium: Card and Coin trick
Arena: close up
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

The routine is pretty much as follows. You take a quarter and place it between the cellophane wrapper on a card box and the outside of the box and viola, the coin has gone through the box and is dumped out of the card box. This is more of a mini illusion than a coin or card trick, kind of a quickie using the card box and a quarter to get it done. I do have to say that Jesse came up with an interesting idea as far as masking things here and making the vanish and re-appearance look good. I’ve not seen this idea in use before, which doesn’t mean much since I’m not claiming to know all magic ideas that have come out over the years. If it is original with Jesse then hats off to him.

While I like the idea and method I think we again have a piece that would best serve the hallway hit men and street commandos out there doing hit and run magic. This is a workable routine though and might be a part to a controlled presentation. The instructions are clear, come with a nice photo spread, and you get a number of the item needed to gaff the deck to do this routine. If this sounds like something that might be interesting to you look for it in magic shops all over the place. Jesse’ material is distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies so most good shops should have them or can get them.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Quote:
On 2007-04-13 21:51, MagicSanta wrote:
Title:Coin Thru Box by Jesse Feinberg
... and you get a number of the item needed to gaff the deck to do this routine.

So the deck is gaffed, but the ad says "Only one coin is used, and the box is not gaffed! Everything can be examined..."???

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Thank you so much for the excellent review MagicSanta!

With out giving anything away, the gaff is not the box, or the deck. The gaff is removable/resettable and basically invisible. Please PM me if you have any specific questions... THANKS! -Jesse
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It isn't really gaffed but you need to take steps to do the routine. I really don't want to tip anything but we are talking about ten seconds and you are set.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Yeah, I'd be glad to go into more details about ANY of my effects. Just PM me Smile

Or email me at Jesse@Jessesmagic.com. Thanks for your interest!
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Im downloading the video!

EDIT: the video stops when the coin is placed on the cardbox.. Is a problem of my pc or a problem of the video?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I do want to say I am always impressed that Jesse does provide contact info and invites questions from purchasers. I know that some material is released by people using false names because they know it isn't something they want associated with their name. Jesse is right up front and that is a good thing.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Thanks Magic Santa! I'm always here to help!

The video is on youtube at the moment, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ2J8jIYGVQ
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I have played around with this a little, and love the concept. Hey Jesse, would love to stop by Hanks soon and see how those new effects are coming!
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi all I know this post is a bit old but I just got this DVD and I have to say I love the effect! The dvd does not come with any gimmicks but its so easy to make it. You can buy the items very easily. The dvd instruction is excellent. I love this effect because its fast, visual, and and easy to do. Jesse does a great job explaining everything you need to do . Great effect!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This does look cool, and somehow, I never caught wind of this effect.
I think I'm looking for another stocking stuffer...hmmmmm.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Certainly a good choice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coin Thru Box (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL