The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » First thoughts for a performance & How far should you take it... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
Other than Minch's "Lovecraftian Ceremonies," I have been looking high & low for Sheherazade by Borodin; speaking of Burger, I was looking for "Spirit Theather," but it, too, seems to be out of print & held fairly dearly.

Thanks for the list of material, I've bought a few & they should be on their way!

Gothic, I spoke with somebody who has done a few of these & he gave me excellent tips on the how & why; I think the little bit of blood is justified in the setting & flows well with what would be expected. I'm in the process of scripting this & am very excited about performing it! If I can pull it off, the acting & the effects, I will be one happy camper =).
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Hey Vlad,

Good to see you posting. You going to stick around?

Dave
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Very nice thread. Of note is that gore FX are quite a hot button to bizarrists. Smile All that aside I felt enlightened about the artistic framing and ratio of actual methods employed. Thanks.

Seances normally require you to perform in your own space, right?
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
I'm truly amazed at how helpful people are here, Sabrina. I'm fairly new to the boards & everybody has been both kind & helpful =)
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Sabrina -- it all depends on what you are hoping to accomplish. You most certainly can create a mobile seance -- see Rick Maue's Book of Spirits Seance (BOSS) for an excellent example. There are many, many advantages however, to being in total control of your space, especially if you want to have a complete dark portion.

With some creative thinking a seance can be performed most anywhere, including outside!

Dave
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1312 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Greetings Dave,
yes, I sort of drop off the intra net scene (as we seemed to be flooded with sites for a while).
Now that I can fit in some surfing time (yes, I'm sure that's a zacherly image of a vampire surfing. If I can be of any help I'm here,
Vlad
^0^
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
584 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 23:16, Sabrina wrote:
Seances normally require you to perform in your own space, right?

Greetings,

After 30+ years of performing séances, I will tell you that well over 75% of them have been portable--and the portable ones are the ones that are profitable. I address this topic briefly in The B.O.S.S., but it will also be addressed in much greater detail in one of my upcoming releases. But for now, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to give me a yell, I would be happy to share stories from the hundreds and hundreds of séances that I have done over the years. After all, the vast majority of my time is usually devoted to mentalism, so it is nice to return to my roots every so often.

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Deceptions Unlimited
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
If your premise is that this is dangerous to meddle with, may I suggest a structure...

It's dangerous. The first routine goes just fine. You get cocky. The second routine backfires, does something damaging. You get scared. The rest of the show is attempting to remedy the wrongness.

Maybe there's a happy ending, maybe you leave the audience in question.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
They pay extra for the Happy Ending, and that's about as far as anyone can take a performance.

Chris
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
LOL, that just brought up a memory of the movie "Van Wilder"...
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I have often used the premise that Harley suggests and it works very well (at least for me). I tend to leave it hanging -- the guests may be cursed, haunted, or possessed when they leave. Though Chris has me thinking that maybe I should sell charms and exorcisms on their way out.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » First thoughts for a performance & How far should you take it... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL