The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Phil Dalton's full evening show in Cincinnati (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Just want to let everyone know that my full evening illusion show will take place in Cincy on May 11th and 12th! I'll be at the Finneytown Performing Arts center, 8916 Fontainebleau terrace, Cincinnati. The show Friday is 7:00 P.M., and Saturday is 2:00 & 7:00 P.M. It's two full hours of "the big stuff combined with the sleighty stuff". Any magis in the area, come check it out! You can get all the details at http://www.phildalton.com

Hope to see you there!

Phil
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

O.K., new addition to the above: To promote the show in May, I'll be doing the burning-rope upside down straitjacket escape! I'm gonna do this on May the 5th, which is one week before the big show. The SJ escape will take place in a parking lot about 1 mile away from where the theater. You can get all the info at http://www.phildalton.com and I really hope to see you all there!

Phil
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Good luck with the show Phil!

Bob
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Phil!

I'm going. Can't wait to see you bust your a**!!! Just kidding man. I love to watch you perform.

You probably couldn't pick me out of a crowd...even if I were the one drawing it! But, we've talked at Newport a couple of times. I'll say hi again if I get the chance.

Chad
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Hey Chad,

Are you a fellow performer at the Levee? My memory isn't great but I try to remember most performers there. Did you see me do the SJ at Newport or did you see the stage show? I'll do my best not to hurt myself with this escape, because then I'll have a lot of angry ticket holders who have to be told that there's no show because the magician did something stupid! Good to hear from you!

Phil
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
If he saw the straight jacket he probaby wouldnt remember it Phil. I mean you were only hanging upside down off the side of the building. LOL

...and don't try and take any credit for any straight-jacket shows at the levy, the only one people remember is mine.

only I wasnt hangin upside down, and my hair wasnt purple... ok nevermind.

Ok what the hell was I doin there again?
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hi Phil,

Last memorial day there were 3-4 guys trying build a crowd at the levee, one guy hanging off a building in a straight jacket with a big 'ol snake waiting at the bottom, one guy painted green from head to foot holding a rubber rifle on a platform, a mime, 2 clowns, beatle juice performing professor's nightmare with green rope, and a bunch of stilt walkers trying to bend down and put balloon hats on kids in strollers.

I was not any of those people...now do you remember me??? HA! I'm a hoot and a hollar sometimes. Anyway, hope my PM helped more than this post. Looking forward to your show.

Chad
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Bob- I think I can anwser you question as to what the #**# you were doing at the Levee. If I remember correctly, you were the guy who thunked big metal cups with a stick, carried large pieces of fruit in a way-outdated fanny pack, got put into a straitjacket but always had to have a kid get your water bottle for you because your memory is so friggin bad, and generally just sweated all over the center area of the riverwalk on hot days HAHAHAHA! Seriously, I wanted to see your recent show but couldn't make it (so what's your excuse for not seeing mine? LOL). I see that yours sold out- awesome! Teach me how to do that sometime?

Chad- Thanks for the PM, I just read it. You are the builder for Dave, right? Also, just wanted to let you know that I've done away with all nylon webbing for the straitjacket rigging and am now only using old, dry-rotted rope which is slung over rusty jagged metal (O.K., maybe not). Thanks again for your suggestion about the webbing, it's right on. Hope to see you at a gig sometime but yes, I know how busy it can get with the 2 kids- we have 2 with a third one on the way.

Also, Bob, if you DO want purple hair, I can help you with that, although yellow is much easier. Get a cat and force it to drink a gallon of water, then hold it above your head...

Great to hear from you guys!

Phil
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
I would like to come to the show Phil but I'll be on the road again. Alas,i am a travelin magi these days and the road seems to get longer and longer.

Have a great show and break a leg!

Cheers!
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Quote:

Have a great show and break a leg!

Cheers!

Don't worry, I probably WILL break a leg LOL!

Phil
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

1 week til the upside down escape attempt (with burning rope)! Whitaker elementary parking lot, 7400 Winton Rd., Cincinnati, 2:00 P.M. Come check it out!

Phil
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Best wishes on your escape & shows Phil.

Let us know how it all goes.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Phil, I missed it! Sorry man. Got to blame the kids on this one. I'm still planning on the show though.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-05-07 20:55, Chad wrote:
Phil, I missed it! Sorry man. Got to blame the kids on this one. I'm still planning on the show though.

Chad,

That's O.K., you only missed the coolest thing ever lol... Actually, it did go well and got some GREAT press! Check out http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a......77/COL02 for the enquirer story. I'll look for you at the show!

Phil
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Phil ,
I was there but I didn't seeyou. I was busy filming some wierdo hanging by one foot fron a crane wiggling aroung in some wierd jacket....Oh wiat..That was you, now I get it.
Seriously though I just wanted to say again I thought it went really well. Travis and I will see you on saturday.

THOUGHtfully,
London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Hey Do- err, I mean London,

Thanks again for your help Saturday. Let me know which show (2 or 7 P.M.) you want to come to and I'll have tickets waiting. How did the video turn out? I'd like to see it and get a copy sometime if you don't mind. See you Saturday!

Phil
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Phil!

That show was awesome. My 2 year old daughter loved seeing your daughter pop out of the pieces!!! She squeeled both times. Very well thought out and performed! 2 hours went by like 10 minutes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Phil Dalton's full evening show in Cincinnati (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL