The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Talent show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slipperyice1507
View Profile
New user
Fort Wayne, IN
3 Posts

Profile of slipperyice1507
I was wondering what you guys think is needed in the area of music and effects for a talent show with 400 people.
-Nick- Smile
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
What is needed is that you seek out, purchase, and read thouroughly a book called, "Showmanship For Magicians" by Darriel Fitzkee.

Jes
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
I'm a similar talent show as well but my show has a 70's theme. I need to dress like a disco guy, and I'm doing my magic to "Magic" (Oh ho ho it's magic...). This is what I'm doing in my routine: First I produce a silk, then reach under it and produce a candle. Light the candle and set it aside. Then produce a cane, and do dancing cane. Then set that aside and take the silk and produce a bottle, then do "airborne" with the bottle. Set that aside and do card manipulations. Then act like I'm done but I go over to the candle, wrap a silk around it, and it vanishes in a burst of fire (fire fall). Then put the silk into a change bag and vanish that so I am clean at the end of my act.
It should be about 5 minutes long, because that is how long the song is. Unless you have a very fancy audio system, I think you should find a song, then do your act so it ends at the end of the song. In my song, the chorus is a signal to go to the bext trick.

Hope that helps,
Evan

~Good luck on the day of the show~!
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
a silk vanishing into a changebag is not very visual. Perhaps you can end on one of the more exciting moments. Or transform the silk into some spider streamers which you throw out.. End with something dramatic though is my main point..
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Good point Geoff. That is a great idea! How would that be done? What I mean is where would the silk go?
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
The silk could go into a pull, a dye tube, a thumb-tip, or just ditch it after you throw your streamers/confetti and whatnot...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Talent show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL