The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Be afraid... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I'll probably get slapped down for saying this, but I am merely expressing an opinion.

It is very curious to me why an all-powerful deity so often finds it necessary to have mere mortals speak for Him. It is curious, too, that he finds it necessary to send confusing and contradictory messages to various groups throughout the world through these spokesmen. It is strange, too that these same spokesmen are some of the most ignorant and narrow-minded individuals among us. Oh, yes, this loving deity, we are told, also finds it enjoyable to send (through these same spokesmen) messages of hate and to drive his followers to murder each other. Strange.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
That is scary stuff. No disney theme park for Lumpur then.
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
I don't much care for Noam Chomsky, but he has a good point when he penned, "Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."

I see some of the things happening around the world & think that there is a mass psychosis happening, a cultural rush towards the proverbial ledge. Are we seeing the biological responses to stress in the species? Mother cats will, under strees, eat their kittens; lemmings, as we all know, rush into the sea; and many other animals exhibit a tendancy towards self-destructive behavior when under duress. I believe we are seeing the results of a species-specific psychosis whose roots can be found in a biological, psychological & physiological basis.

Or, we aren't nearly bizarre enough!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Or maybe we are not eating enough of our children!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
Hansel & who???
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4448 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Lemmings only rush into the sea when Disney throws them there!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
Hehe...
Disney's view on animals is, well, definitely different. I have to undo all the propaganda with which my daughters are infected every time we go hunting or fishing. I love the movies, but, I'm able to differentiate between what I believe & what they believe. My daughters are just learning that...
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Quote:
On 2007-04-15 11:57, Bill Ligon wrote:
I'll probably get slapped down for saying this, but I am merely expressing an opinion.

It is very curious to me why an all-powerful deity so often finds it necessary to have mere mortals speak for Him. It is curious, too, that he finds it necessary to send confusing and contradictory messages to various groups throughout the world through these spokesmen. It is strange, too that these same spokesmen are some of the most ignorant and narrow-minded individuals among us. Oh, yes, this loving deity, we are told, also finds it enjoyable to send (through these same spokesmen) messages of hate and to drive his followers to murder each other. Strange.

Perhaps I may also get slapped down, but maybe there is no all-powerful deity.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Slap!
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2007-04-15 18:21, Gotama wrote:

Perhaps I may also get slapped down, but maybe there is no all-powerful deity.

Maybe not!

Bill
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Slap!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Vanderbeck is correct...Lemmings do not do that for which Uncle Walt made them famous.

Diety's have come and gone but the ignorant and power mad remain none the less...and in their fear of being shown up they bluster and squeak and the stupid offer credibility to their ravings...these are troubled times.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2007-04-15 18:42, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Slap!

Ouch!
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Quote:
On 2007-04-15 18:35, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Slap!

And I turn my cheek (glutton for punishment that I am)

Gotama
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Be afraid... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL