The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Where can I find unusual silks & streamers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
HELP!

My son and I both do a lot of silk magic, and I am constantly looking for unique and different ones, particularly in the form of large streamers or 36" square ones.

I found a streamer with bubbles on it at a magic auction a year ago, and mistakenly did not bid on it. I have spent a year looking for it and finally found one last week.

I have most of Duane Laflin's designs, but would really like something different. Is there anyone who does streamers in something other than tie-dye?

I know I haven't posted much, but I am an avid visitor to the Café and enjoy it very much! Thank you for any suggestions you can give me?
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I carry color-changing streamers. From tie-dye to black. or the reverse.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

I already have some of those, but thank you for the suggestion.

I thought perhaps someone might know of streamers out there with something other than tie-dye, and large picture silks other than those that Laflin has?

Perhaps someone knows of some used ones from an estate or someone getting out of the business?
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Check with Peter White at P&A Silks (pasilks.com). He makes the best I have ever used. Also check with Richard Hughes at http://www.hughesmagic.com.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob Sanders might be able to help you. If it is silk, and it is available, he will probably know where to find it!

Regan
Mister Mystery
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Abbott's or Rice..Cordially,Howard
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Richard Hughes can do any silk in any color you want. If you also want custom printing you can look at Wonder Imagery owned by Tim Sonefelt. Just google his name and you can find his site.
Richard is here on the Café.

-Matt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you look at my website, you can find some exsamples of some stuff I did. Please also check out Rice's and Tim Sonefelt's stuff. Both great products and people.

Hard to know just what you are looking for.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Thank you all for the great leads! I have been checking websites and emailing for more info! You are all wonderful!
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Sonefelt has fantastic artwork and does a great job of anticipating what kids like. Also, a little-known site, MagicGoods.com has some great concepts - Frankenstein silks, silks showing conversion of frog to prince (with an intermediate frog/prince), and Houdini escape as illustrated in silks. The quality of the silks may be a little lower than some others (they seem a little lighter and thinner), but they are also a heck of a lot cheaper than some of the other recommended sites' offerings.

Mumblemore
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
How many magic silk makers are there currently in the market now? Would appreciate a list of websites. Thanks.

Posted: May 16, 2007 9:55am
Actually I am looking for the 6 feet mammoth silks. But I don't find many around. Do they still come in single colors, blendo or designs? I also don't see dealers carrying them. I may have missed one or two. Your input is appreciated.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I do six foot silks of varying solid and tie dye patterns. I have hand painted a couple but not my favorite thing to do. I made two 15' x 15' silks last year for a guy.

Your best bet is still Rice for large screened art silk. P&A is a close second if you can get in touch with Peter White.

Hope that helps.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7418 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I have one of Richard Hughes' 6'x6' tie dye silks, and it's a thing of beauty!

I also have a Rice's 6'x6' dragon silk. Got it used, but it still has lots of life in it.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks Richard and Donald.

Richard, I will definitely keep in touch with you with my silks need.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
One more option I just remembered. I took a 6 foot Rice butterfly and sewed it onto a similar solid color silk to make a 90" silk for guy. Just in case you need something bigger.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
How big can your silks go, Richard? Can the joining of the silks be too visible?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Send me a regular email address and I will send you the photo of the 15' silks I made.

Even Rice 6' silks had a seam in them. It is ok if you dye it all together after it is sewn together.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Just sent you the email, Richard.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I hope you got the reply ok.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Where can I find unusual silks & streamers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.69 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL