The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bicycle Card Rebate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I purchase 5 decks from Wal-Mart today because they had dollar rebate ads printed on the front of the boxes. To get the rebate you have to send the special card (one of the instruction cards), the original receipt, and the proof of purchase from the bottom of the box. Isn't the reciept and special card proof enough that I purchased the cards? So to get the dollar rebate on each deck I have to destroy the box that holds the cards. I think I'll call the Bicycle Company and find out what the thinking is behind this. Just me venting. -J.R.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Why not just go to Sam's Club or Costco and pay $1.16 per deck. You have to buy 12 though. Sometimes their packed 13 per box. They are now packed in the Jumbo Size card boxes that make nice props or a production box.

I do agree with you though, you shouldn't have to destroy the card box. I'd give them a call.....
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I usually do get the case at Sam's Club and the large box is a great extra prop. The only problem is that I have a lot of blue decks already and prefer red (you know what they say about those "blue deck people". Ok, I don't know either, I just don't like the blue ones! It would be great if you could get the large pack in all one color. -J.R.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
They think having two colours in an assortment in the same box is something preferrable for the laymen. However I use both colours without any problem. Probbaly you may find a laymen friend who does not care about the colour of the derck and you may exchange the colours you want. We did it at a magic convention. A guy wanted to exchange his red backs with my blue backs and we did it. If somebody is making his special decks sometimes the other colour may be more suitable. Just a matter od preferance.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
mchristy
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC area
25 Posts

Profile of mchristy
My Target had their 2 pack (1 red/1 blue) that came with "5 free dice" (originally $3.79) clearanced to $.94.

At $.50/deck, a $1 rebate would yield a free dollar per package, 2 decks of free cards, as well as 5 free dice.

No mention of a rebate on the package though.
NORITUCK
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NORITUCK
SO J.R.,
What ever became of your rebate?
Shane
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
I bought a box of 13 decks at Sam's for $14.86 + tax. I didn't even think about saving the jumbo card box that they came in (dumb, dumb, dumb). Well, I guess I learned something new from the Magic Café again. Thanks guys. Next time I'm going to save the jumbo card box for a prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Bicycle Card Rebate (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL