The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
I met Matthew at Blackpool and he was showing bits and pieces in the Ruskin. He is a natural performer and entertainer. Very much in the same ilk as Greg Wilson. A lot of charisma with some really strong effects. He puts the entertainment back in magic.

I have no doubt this DVD will be a huge success. I can't wait for it to be released.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
James, when can we expect to see more from you on the alakazam shelves?
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Not too long, I promise!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks mate
best of luck with everything.....
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
214 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Wow, there is really a lot of stuff that interests me in there. Shrinkage is a definite closer (And I'd have something to do with my mini-bikes)
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
WOW!!
Thank you all soooo much for your kind words. I'm really glad you all like what you have seen so far. This DVD is really important to me as I have bared all...so to speak. As the guys at Alakazam have said, there are 2 DVD's and there is an hour and a half of stuff on each one. So I think/hope there is something for everyone.
I would like to take this opportunity as well to tell you all what a pleasure it was working with Alakazam. Peter Nardi and his team, including Chris and everyone have been great from start to finish so a big thank you to them.
I look forward to reading your comments when the DVD comes out and please feel free to ask me anything and I will answer when I can, although I don't get many chances to get on the forum so please don't be offended if it takes a while.
Thanks once again!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
This looks like a very promising project! in the demo I noticed you did a card shrink effect I saw in a genii issue a while back. I kinda skipped over it as nothing, but it looks incredible!
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hi Magician 336,
Glad you liked it. I would say the shrinking card thing (shrinkage) is probably what I'm most proud of creativity wise! Certainly the most visual thing I've ever come up with. I think that is the thing about things in print, sometimes it is hard to visualise. There are a lot of different uses for the 'principle' actually which are on the DVD. You get a good look at it in the explanation. It does look like it shrinks in mid air (If I say so myself Smile) Anyway, thanks again for the very kind comment.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
Any word on the release date and if it will be sold by US dealers?

I like the card to pocket routine and look forward to picking it up.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know the release date is May 4th. It will be shipped to US dealers on that day! Just ask you Fav dealer to pre-order it from Murphys!

Regards

Peter
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
If I know Mat, the material on here is going to be first class Stella stuff. I've seen him perform the shrinking card effects on a group of laymen and magicians, and the reaction is unlike anything I've seen for a long while.

I think we all have a lot to learn from Mat, his people skills and audience management subtleties are incredible. He's one of the few people who literally considers each moment, each touch and it comes across in his enthusiastic approach to performing in the real world.

Good luck with it Mat!
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 04:22, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know the release date is May 4th. It will be shipped to US dealers on that day! Just ask you Fav dealer to pre-order it from Murphys!

Regards

Peter

Thank you for the information.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 04:22, Peter Nardi wrote:
Just to let you know the release date is May 4th.

Hey that's Starwars Day (May 4th be with you). Smile

A great day to release some out of this world effects. I'm sure I will be over the moon when I get it. I guess I should just watch this space now?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16928 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
Bananafish wrote:
Hey that's Starwars Day (May 4th be with you). Smile

I like that.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I managed to jump in on one of the 15 special "vip releases"
should be through my door tomorrow............. Smile
:yippee:
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hi Matt Magician,
Hope you like it when you get it. Thanks for your support...really appreciate it.
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Sorry,
Matt "Magicman", not magician...I've just got up! Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4443 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Mine arrived this morning, will review when I can Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Party Animal should be at your favourite magic dealers by next Monday!

Best Regards

Peter
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Watched some of the DVD - Dowden is very good. Some great tricks and fun to watch him work. He has got to be a name to watch for the next few years.
One thing though - what is going on with his accent? Thought he was from Newcastle!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL