The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Instant raccoon production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I tried asking in another section, but haven't had any luck so far. Maybe you guys can help:

I'm looking for a prop that will instantly produce a raccoon. At the moment, I'm thinking of a Circus Wagon type box, but smaller and doesn't look like a Circus Wagon (or a Funhouse). Where could I buy or get directions on how to make one of these?

The prop is to end a routine where the raccoon has apparently been shot in the air and he "lands" in this container. I will be holding the container. If I use a Circus Wagon style box, I'd probably glue a funnel to the top which he apparently squeezes through. Any other props fit this description?
See-through bucket?
Appearance in a landing net?

George
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
You might also consider a body load, or loading a duplicate into someone else's coat, purse......

This nearly normal guy loves puppets.

Just completed my first of the day. 8 AM for a 7th grade drama class....on the elements of comedy. Comedy is not always pretty early in the morning....

It was a great way to start the day. Next session, 11 AM...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Thanks, Harris. I might consider body loads as an alternative.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
What about this - DELUXE PRODUCTION NET

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=3554

This does the reverse of a Bengal Net...

Cliff
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
What about Barry Mitchell's "Portable Presto Pet Production" It's Great!

Found it at http://www.barrymitchell.com/products/in......o_Rabbit
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Cheers, Cliff. Nice find. I was looking into something similar, but the one you found is way better. I'd love to have one appear in a butterfly style net, but I can't think of any way to adapt a production net into one without it looking a bit dodgy.

Cheers, Mind Magic. Nice find, but it's a little too large for me for this time. Thanks anyhow.

George
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
George,

How about holding out a net (or a small ungaffed box) to catch the raccoon, but instead it ends up hanging off your back (unbeknownst to you). If you can secretly load it there, you'll have the magical appearance as well as all the "look, don't see" comedy, which would work real well in this scenario.

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
How about a body load from a balloon?

The prop needs to be in your hands ASAP, otherwise it looks dead, so an instant production would like nice. Balloon pops leaving a squirming bundle of raccoon.

Then, you can "BLOW UP" the raccoon!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Rick, that's a great idea. I might use that in some settings.

Fantastic idea, Nick. I do want to go with something visual and magical. This will be the routine's finale, so I will be mucking around for 10 or so minutes not really doing much magic beforehand. So, I think it would be nice to finish on a strong magical note.

George
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
There's a bottle production that works the way Nick describes... It might be helpful to take a look at it for ideas on how to do this.
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
That's it, use a Splash Bottle type of production with the balloon as his "air bag".

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Magic, Inc. has an old book, called "The Bunny Book", which has some fairly detailed plans for rabbit production boxes and, not taking themselves too seriously, they also have some pages devoted to spring animals. Also, if you coil the spring, you might be able to fit Rocky or Roxie into a large crystal box, which you could get commercially for $25 rather than having to spend the $100-$200 for conventional rabbit production boxes. That said, Daytona Magic has some nifty production boxes (like the Rainbow Box) and they're having a 40 percent off sale on all their wood-produced items through Sunday night, April 22.

Good luck,

Mumblemore Magic
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Wizardofsorts, I like the idea of using a balloon as an airbag. Good one.

I'm surprised no one's suggested using a Dove in Balloon tray. It would go perfectly with the airbag premise.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Would a spring animal fit into a Balloon to Dove tray?

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I just tried my Rocky with my tray (Dave Powell version); doesn't fit. The Rocky is too round for it.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Yeah, I figured that would be the issue.

Edd
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
OH, you guys are talking SPRING raccoon. I just tried to stuff a real one into a dove tray... He didn't like that very much. Then, he ran into the woods and won't give me back my tray. Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Cheers, guys. Edd, I love the airbag idea. That makes a lot of sense.

Mumblemore, thanks for the heads up on the bunny book.

Trevor Lewis has a balloon to rubber chicken production in one of his books, which will probably be closer to what I'm doing than the bottle production. I've seen the balloon to bottle production, though, and it looks great.

George
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
At Blackpool I think it was Russ Stevens who had a "machine" that instantly blew up balloons in a box. It was a really cool illusion. If know what I'm talking about you can quite easily make a mini one to make the raccoon appear!

If not pm me.

M:C
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I've decided to use one of two solutions. Production from balloon or making a net that makes him appear.

For the balloon, because I may not be wearing something suitable for a body load I'm actually considering swapping a balloon for one that genuinely contains the raccoon! Is that too weird?

The net idea would be to build a fishermans style net with a thick handle that releases the raccoon into the net. I can't think of any other way for a raccoon to appear in a net that looks like a normal net.?!

George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Instant raccoon production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL