The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cesaral Melting Point Reloaded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Someone asked about a review for this and I lost their dang thread. Here ya go:

Title: Cesaral Melting Point Reloaded
Medium: DVD
Arena: close up
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

The CMP is an interesting utility device used for close up and I think it is a pretty nifty thing. While basic in design it gets the job done and is one of those things that some will love and purist will absolutely have no use for. So you purist move on, nothing to see here. For the rest of you you’ll be interested in the new DVD that gives some new ideas on using this lil’ guy. If you don’t have a CMP then you’ll have no idea what I’m going to discuss but if you do then you are set.

The production level on this DVD is fine. It has a Euro disco music thing going, which isn’t a compliment, but it is not intolerable. What was interesting about this DVD, and what I thought was a wise move, was for the vast majority of the DVD the explanations are show on the screen as text. This may sound odd to some but it worked for me. Remember this is a DVD of ideas and routines that are not difficult and Mariano speaks enough English (he actually speaks it very well but not comfortably) to communicate with English speakers it would be a chore for him to try to explain everything and try to keep the rhythm of the DVD going. He could just do it in Spanish with voice over but after a few seconds of something like that it gets real tiring. Who ever came up with the idea of using the subtitles, for lack of a better term, my hat is off to you because it was the way to go.

The DVD goes over handling and loading the utility and some very clever and interesting uses with cards and coins. Are they all winners? No, but none are losers and a number of them are very good. The amount of material that is gone over is impressive and I can see a lot of thought went into this product before putting it out. Basically it comes down to this, if you have the CMP you will want to get this DVD, if not you may, if you are not a purist as I said, you may want to look into the CMP. It is a shortcut in some ways and that isn’t always a bad thing. For an unusual product I was impressed.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Hey, thanks for the review. Actually it's not euro music... mostly from USA. I had the idea of introducing the tricks in english (not confortably as you saw, because I was rushed by the cameraman) and then putting the subtitles in english, then I had a hard time finding the correct music (copyright-free).

I think it looks like stuff a begginer can do (and most of it is), but I believe that if some pro takes one or two things from there, he can put them in his act and fool a lot of knowledgeable magicians.

'nuff said... (i am really a purist. lol)

M
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No problem, believe me, we have plenty of people making Euro disco techno here. When I say the material isn't difficult I meant for me, I've been doing it for awhile. Some will have to work at aspects more so than others but the material is all do-able.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Do you recommend getting the first one first? I have neither and would like to get one.

Thanks,

Marc
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If you mean the device get the newest one. It's a pretty neat lil' thing.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Whats the difference between the two?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The shape is a bit more refined, that is about it. It won't be a show stopper to get the older one.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
So the new Melting Point Reloaded DVD comes WITH the new gimmick?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No sir, just the DVD.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
All the "Melting Point I" comes with a new improved gimmick.

It is advisable that you buy fist the I, then, if you like it, buy the reloaded version.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Thanks MagicSanta and Mariano!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cesaral Melting Point Reloaded (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL