The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spider Pen Two & The Spider Watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
EvanAlexander
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of EvanAlexander
I shot Yigal an email a couple days ago inquiring about the release date on the Spider Watch, this is the reply I received...

There is a possibility that we might come out with the Spider Pen Two before the Spider Watch. Both of the new devices have additional hi-tech functionality never seen before in the marketplace (they are not just original Spider Pens with a different shaped body). These products (as well as several other super-secret items now in development) will completely "raise the bar" in the art of invisible thread and set a new standard of excellence for years to come. And both will be for sale this year…

So... Spider Pen Two, Spider Watch, and a couple of super-secret items from Mesika to be released in '07... I'm just speculating here but I'm imagining the new high tech functionality he's referencing would be something along the lines of retraction speed regulation (i.e. a control knob which would vary the speed the motor retracts the IT, enabling the user to vary the speed which an item levitates or animates). I'm sure he's thrown in a couple more innovations too, but I'm pretty confident Spider Pen Two will have this functionality in some way, shape, or form as will the Spider Watch.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Any specific ideas on dates?
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I like the spidey watch idea. What month in 07 can we expect this?
EvanAlexander
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of EvanAlexander
Can't give out exact release dates yet... but the releases might coincide with Angel's new season (which starts in June)...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Don't get me started.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
Hopefully these are out soon! And man Paisa that just sucks...I'm prayin for ya! Back up your magic onto a harddrive, that's what I am going to do just in case. If you have an older ipod you could even use that. Back on topic, the watch has always been something I think a lot of people thought about, if he can make it and make it well, I think there is a lot of potential there.
Adam
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Can't wait for it to release
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3325 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any news on a release as we go into October!
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I guess it won't come out...
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Not coming out? ..Say it isn't so...Smile
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Spider watch? Is that not the same as a small ITR up the sleeve?
lukeko
View Profile
New user
Northern Virginia
27 Posts

Profile of lukeko
Hopefully the quality of a Spider watch will be more up to date than the Spider Pen 1 as I'm sure it will look funny if we are wearing watches that look like they just came out of a box of cocoa puffs. :-P I love the ideas, just hope for the money he uses better materials as I'm sure it would get better reviews and sell.

-Luke
"I do not envy the magician that knows 10,000 techniques... I envy the magician that practices one technique 10,000 times"
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
From what Yigal was quoted as saying back in April/May (seen it somewhere), both of these where supposed to be October releases (or atleast he was shooting for an Oct release), and Spiderpen 2 was pretty much almost finished at that time. Wonder whats taking him, and hopefully SP2 is made of better materials this time around, as it deserves better then that cheap thin plastic it is made of.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Any updates on these?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
The spider watch sounds amazing!

does anyone sell extra loop holders for the wallet?
engineer_star
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of engineer_star
I also would love to know about any updates/release dates.
Thank you!
Sam Best
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Check out my second post in the below linked discussion. It was made in 2003.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......&forum=4

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
Any news on your watch Ron?
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I got my own and I made a couple for other magicians to test out. They liked it but had the same issues I had and it's why I put it on hold because I wasn't able to work out the power issue. The battery would die down too fast. I experimented with an external power supply (Larger battery on a wire connected to the watch or a row of smaller batteries on the band of the watch). But I didn't like the fact that it wasn't all self contained. I wanted to just put the watch on like any normal watch and be ready to use it.

But because it uses a tiny watch battery it works great for a while but then the battery would get weaker and the tension would change. So I never liked that and to be honest I'm not all that knowledgeable in that kind of thing.

On the other hand I'm sure many new technology's have come out in that area since 2003. So we'll see if Yigal was able to work those issues out. If he did I'll buy one.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Any news on the spider watch?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spider Pen Two & The Spider Watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL