The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spider Pen Two & The Spider Watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
297 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I'm still looking forward to these being released. Does anyone have any more information on them?
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Me too, I'm still looking forward to these. Hopefully all the problems are solved in the second version of Spider Pen.
SomethingReal
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of SomethingReal
Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank those of you who had a chance to stop by our booth at the IBM/SAM 2008 combined convention in Louisville, KY and pre-ordered our new Spider Pen Pro. Unfortunately we were only able to take pre-orders on 100 pieces, and have since then completely sold out. So, if you were one of the lucky folks to order the item in time, you should be receiving your unit in the next two to three weeks.

We will post a video of the convention in the next couple of weeks so that everyone can view a demo of the product, however it will not be ready until after we have replenished our supply, and the item is available for sale once again.

Since 2004, the Original Spider Pen has been an incredible success with magicians all around the world; introducing the idea to the magic community. There have been many improvements in technology from its initial release though, which have otherwise allowed me to implement new, advanced features that would not have been available at that time. This is why I have decided to include them in my new Spider Pen Pro.

The big additions on the new Spider Pen Pro are a power saving function with a longer-lasting battery, plus a remote control and toe-switch feature. With the toe-switch, you will be able to remotely perform with hands free operation over 30 ft. away; all the while with no suspicious movements or hand gestures. This will allow you to focus on your performance, instead of where your thread is located. Levitate a dollar bill or other small object; making it raise or fall under your command. Or, try our new "Dancing Effect" feature, and have it jump up and down as though it were possessed (much like Fred Kaps' dancing cork or Kevin James' floating rose).

Like our Original Spider Pen, the Spider Pen Pro also uses the same Spider Spools which many online retailers already carry. Just place one spool one top of the pen, and you're ready to perform.

As I mentioned before, the pre-orders for the Spider Pen Pro have completely sold out, though we will certainly keep you updated as to when they will be ready for sale once more. Here's an ad that we created for the item, and should answer a lot of your questions, though you can always email us through the website at: http://www.YigalMesika.Com

Sincerely,
Yigal Mesika

P.S.: For those of you who were at the convention, it would be much appreciated if you might be able to give your sincere, initial opinions on the Spider Pen Pro for those who missed it.

The advertisement may by viewed by visiting this link:
http://www.yigalmesika.com/MagicCafe/SpiderPenAd.jpg
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Just by looking at the adv, I already fell in love with it!!

I am glad it is made with steel, so now it looks like a normal pen. Unfortunately I am not in US and can't buy it frm the convention.

Just would like to know:
1) How much is it?
2) Will it be included with effects DVD?
3) When will it be ready for the public?
4) Do you limited one per person who order??
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
How much? I'm guessing $100? Def worth it if so, compared to the cheap construction of the first Pen.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
I'd bet closer to $200. Around $190 or so.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^ Def will not disagree with that, I'm actually thinking around the same price as ET ($149-150). I'll get it no-matter what... Totally feasible considering the construction of the pen and what Yigal's offering. I seriously cannot wait for this, and the pen looks just like the chrome looking pen I walk around with at work, can't get any better! No tangling, bouncy floaty objects, uses triple "A" batteries, crome finish, no cracking, toe switch, no movement! Just WOW! Smile
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
WOW. Thanks Yigal for the INFO. I'm excited for this pen. I'll be sure to order one once its out again for ordering.
MagiKsticky
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of MagiKsticky
Can't wait for this pen! I had the first one, and it was great. No issues with breakage really. This new one sounds excellent though!
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Does anyone know when they are going to take orders for the second batch?
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I want one and I want it now. Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
I feel the same way Silvio.... I can't wait!.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I bought the original pen back in 2004. I liked it and it worked well, but ultimately, I never used it, mostly because I thought it looked a little fishy, and I wasn't a fan of the tiny batteries.

This new one looks fantastic though! Looks normal, uses a more standard battery, and has some nice new features as well. Wish I could've gone to Kentucky this year and seen it!

Looking forward to a demo, pricing info, etc. I think this will be one hot item!
Kevin Reylek
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Is there a price tag for it already?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Quote:
On 2008-08-14 11:57, Mercury52 wrote:
I bought the original pen back in 2004. I liked it and it worked well, but ultimately, I never used it, mostly because I thought it looked a little fishy, and I wasn't a fan of the tiny batteries.

This new one looks fantastic though! Looks normal, uses a more standard battery, and has some nice new features as well. Wish I could've gone to Kentucky this year and seen it!

Looking forward to a demo, pricing info, etc. I think this will be one hot item!

Yeah when things are too gimmicky then can be uncomfortable to work with. This new one seems promising. Looking forward to the new features.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2008-08-19 13:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:

My buddy tells me Yigel was selling some of these at the convention for $80. I also heard the pen kept popping apart for some due to issue's with the middle ring on the Pen, so yigel had to go back to the drawing board and put a better ring on the pen. Just reporting what I been told.Smile
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Let's hope it is better than Spider Pen I, which was trash (read the Café posts - it seems that half the posters' - mine included - did not work). Does anyone know if this one is reliable? It's a good concept; the execution or engineering were poor on the first version . . .
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-08-19 16:16, Piz wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-08-19 13:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:

My buddy tells me Yigel was selling some of these at the convention for $80. I also heard the pen kept popping apart for some due to issue's with the middle ring on the Pen, so yigel had to go back to the drawing board and put a better ring on the pen. Just reporting what I been told.Smile

Wow...so they are still made in China huh?! Smile
I mean honestly; Why can't they make a quality product that doesn't fall apart after a few uses? I'd definatively pay more for a quality prop.

I am looking into Sean's iThread as well.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
111 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
Looks good, any news on when it will be available for overseas customers and a rough RRP?
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
189 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Any updates on this Watch yet?
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spider Pen Two & The Spider Watch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL