The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
The latest fatigue of my friend Patrick Redford is finally out…

Before talking about the effects contained in his TriAngle book, let me shortly describe the book itself. The book is gorgeous, printed on glossy paper, with full colors, and the text is white on black… And the style Patrick has chosen is the one of the comic-stripes. Each effect will be described, both, as a comic stripe first and then as normal text.

This book looks gorgeous!

The effects are all impromptu (or almost) and the constant under running scheme is that performer does some miracles and then some audience member does get to savor what would it be if they were able to do the same, by being given the “power” to perform some little magic themselves.

Divine Number: Just few weeks ago some people asked for some good serial number divination. Patrick’s take on this is good as it gets! First the performer have some audience members fold twice their dollar bills without him touching anything… then he goes from person to person naming the initial letter of the serial number of each bill, of course he can be right or wrong as he wants, but in the main plot of the effect Patrick gets one letter wrong and after having apologized for that goes on with other people’s bills, firing off a correct series of letter. Only now he comes back to the person with whom he failed and, as a sort of apology, he tell the person that he will try to go for the whole serial number… and he does! Climax! Also, during this last sequence, some participant is asked to name any digit of the serial number and – most of the time – the digit is the right one. Cannot say more than this! This effect alone is a great, great take on what I call the “serial number problem”.

Rain King: This is another effect I really like because, in a sense, it fits my style of combining and merging effect together to create different things. Basically it’s the performer memorizing a full deck of playing cards in less than 30 seconds – after that same deck has been genuinely shuffled by the participant to the experiment. But, faithful to his TriAngle premise, there is more… Now, the participant is helped to quickly memorize the cards and he will then name a card and a position (a la Any Card Any Number) … and he will be right.

Sound Change: Performer brings out of his pockets some change, penny, silver coins, etc. and invites his participant to bring out as many change as he has… Then - while performer has his back turned – the participant grab with one hand as many pennies as he wants and with his other hand as many silver coins he wants. Now, get this!... By only shaking the hand with the pennies close to the performer’s ear, the performer will exactly know how many coins are held into that closed fist. And, to top that… without any shaking or other noise … he will also know how many silver coins are in participant’s other hand. And, if this is not enough to wet your appetite, once again the climax is that the participant will guess twice in a row how many coins the performer has in his closed hands.

All in all, this booklet is a little masterpiece for our Art and Craft.

Do I need to add that TriAngle is highly recommended?
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Wow, this sounds amazing and Patrick is an amazing thinker so I'm sure it's going to be great

JZ
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Trust me, josh... It is!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
I’m sold…
This fits perfect for where my mind is right now.
Great description Lord.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Is this a clean review?

People post on my work who have paid for it and I ask my buddy's to wait until others who have paid for my work to post in.
(In fact that amounts to two guys).

As we all know if you paid cash your perception can be different from a gift.

J ACK

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Jack, I understand what you say, and when you deal with others, you may do it and – probably (?) – you may be right.

But I'm surprised that you bring this up with me.

This should be not in doubt between you and me. After all the thoughts and e-mails we exchanged I thought you knew how I think and act. Perhaps, I was wrong.

In fact I did not pay for your Leap Of Faith, for your Lo Shu package, for your Intelligent Redesign, and so on…

And you did not pay for all of my books either. You got all of them free!

Does that mean that my reviews of your wonderful Leap Of Faith's Phantasy Phone - just as an example - were skewed in your favour? Does that mean I think your products were **** or just so-and-so but I posted that they were wonderful?

No! I was sincere with you! Otherwise I would rather not post or tell the person that my review will not be good for them.

But now your post makes me have doubt about YOU, because if that's your map of the world, then who know if the good comments about my books you sprinkled here and there, were true or not... Luckily, hundreds of people PAID for my books and they found the books very good!

But I just wanted to point out that by following your reasoning... yours and my reviews of each other's products could have been totally wrong perception (since - I repeat - we did not pay a cent for them!)

I mean, it's you that brought up this, Jack - and honestly I think you have more to lose than to win in the long run by bringing up similar issues on an ongoing basis - but I thought you needed a reply directly from me.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
I'm still waiting for mine in the mail but I'll post a review once I get it!

-Tim
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Since I have everything else from Patrick (I think) that he had on his website - I must get this as well.... Patrick is a master of dual reality and psycho subt.

(I paid for all of his previous work BTW)... and my predictions are usually 99% accurate... so, I am predicting this book will be just as great as the others.

Is it for sale from his website or somewhere else?

Oh, Patrick, if you want another review, I am happy to get a review copy Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
I just received an email from PayPal shipping this afternoon that George Tait (aka know as Patrick Redford has created a shipping label to send me Triangle. As long as the wait has been for the printer, it was evidently worthwhile, since Paolo considers the book to be beautiful outside as well as inside Smile

I also love the idea of the comic strip genre as well as the conventional text. I remember running across another creator in the magical arts who put out a book in comic book format, which he called a "MagiComic."

Aha - Googling MagiComic produced Derek Merdinyan, a member of this prestigious and prestidigitatous forum, who calls himself the inventor of the MagiComic!

Arnon
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I bought it preorder.
I know it will be good.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I love Patrick's thinking and his material never fails to impress.

I'm really looking forward to this!

-Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
I'm going to be getting this soon....divine number sounds great!
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
Patrick,

Is Divine Number US currency specific, or can other countries use this?

Thanks.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Whilst it is true that a paid reaction to material can be different to that of a gift, I don't think it necessarily follows that the reaction is any less valid - just different.

For example when I released Cellular Forecast last month I realised that I had to get reactions from some "names" as I was a complete unknown other than my ramblings on this and other forums. Now, I am sure that each reaction I got was perfectly sincere (in fact one guy who I shall not name said it was refreshing to see the "goods" as he often gets sent crud) - and why shouldn't they be? You can usually tell the difference between someone being polite in a review for the sake of politics and somebody being genuinely enthusiastic.

Paolo, to my mind, is usually bang on in his assessments and has some great releases to his name. Patrick seems to have had rave reviews for all his releases - putting these two factors together make me suspect that it's gonna be a worthwhile and interesting release.

Looking forward to my copy!

Best,

David.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Instant classic.
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
A good reply Paolo thank you.

Such exchanges are of great value to all of us I think, don't you?

I think the responses were very informative.

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Hey there,

Divine Number was created for the use of US bills and does take every advantage of the US currency. That said the serial number divination may still be done with any currency and this is outlined in the text. What may interest folks the most is hidden away in the pages of TriAngle is a very clever bit that happens in the subjects own hands.

If you have any specific questions feel free to email me/PM me.

-Patrick Redford
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 13:56, weenieboy wrote:
Patrick,

Is Divine Number US currency specific, or can other countries use this?

Thanks.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
First of all, all of Patrick's other releases are great. Secondly Paolo tells it like it is. I think people pretty much expect him to say what he thinks about the material he reviews.

Why would he lie? The guy probably knows all the principles in mentalism like his own address [although, he does travel to do shows 90% of the time so maybe he did forget a few]

I wonder why anyone would question his integrity?

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
I pre-ordered Triangle, and I'm on tenterhooks to finally receive it. It was supposed to have shipped two days ago, and so now I'm on a daily watch for mail delivery. I'd venture to say that anyone who has purchased any of the Patrick Redford books in the past, probably pre-ordered Triangle too.

Arnon
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Thanks Arnon, I hope you enjoy it once it finally arrives!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL