The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
This is top stuff mr.Redford

cheers !!
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2050 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Got it the other day. Great stuff. The material in here is up to Patrick's usual high standard. People who liked his previous work will surely like this. People who didn't like his previous work... well, frankly I just don't get those people at all, so I have no idea what they would think.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
This came in today. At first glance the artwork is great. The quality of the comic book is top notch. The material looks great but I haven't had a chance to really read through it yet. The serial number divination is pretty amazing though.

-Tim
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I'll add my comments as someone who has not yet purchased Triangle but will this Friday. Yes that's payday.
I just received Prevaricator today. It's a brilliant piece of work. Patrick Redford shows the quality of the thinking I've discovered in mentalism that has lured me away from straight sleight or hand magic with cards and coins.
As I read Prevaricator, I just smiled and smiled. I'm sure I'll do the same when I receive Triangle.
And Mendacity.
And Consecution.
And Diapason.
And Ensconced Fundament.
And . . .
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Just for the record. Is this "The last" book by Patrick G. Redford or the latest book?

I'd hate to think it was his last...
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I was just about to ask the same question myself Simon! maybe you really are a mind reader.
Pete
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1041 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Can't wait.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2165 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
The latest, not the last, hopefully.

I sent a PM to Patrick regarding his DIVINE NUMBER effect since the effect reads the same as the "bonus stage" of my "$" routine and I was curious. He responded back quite quickly and it seems, to be somewhat cryptic but accurate, we both took similar routes but used different roadmaps to get there. Thanks, Patrick. Certain things stare you righ in the face if you know where to look for them, don't they>?

I have purchased and USE his Prevaricator routine and am sure this one is also well worth picking up.

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 09:20, Celloboy wrote:
I was just about to ask the same question myself Simon! maybe you really are a mind reader.
Pete
No doubt about it. How much more proof do ypu need? (but you knew I would say that, right?)
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Lol. Indeed I did. I'm magic like that. lol. I am still waiting on mine to be delievered. I think I might beat up my postman if it doesn't show up soon...
Pete
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Just received my copy today - and for any cynics (hey Jim Jack) I shall point out the following. Yes, I swapped a special hardcopy of my Cellular Forecast for his Triangle. However, it cost me 8 Euros to print and 18 Euros to post so in effect I feel like I've bought it and my opinion is as valid as other customers.

It's terrific - a great looking book and some great content. Cunning yet simplistic thinking combined to create powerful, straightforward routines. Even if you don't use any of the routines (and I'm sure you'd actually use at least one of them) you will definitely gain loads by studying the thinking behind them.

Best,

David.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 06:31, Bananafish wrote:
Just for the record. Is this "The last" book by Patrick G. Redford or the latest book?

I'd hate to think it was his last...

It is not the last but the latest. Those of you on "the mailing list" know that Triangle is the first booklet in an entire series. "Square" is the next in the series to come out.

Quote:
On 2007-04-26 06:03, Celloboy wrote:
Lol. Indeed I did. I'm magic like that. lol. I am still waiting on mine to be delievered. I think I might beat up my postman if it doesn't show up soon...
Pete

It should be with you by now or shortly. DO let me know your thoughts once it makes it!

And thank you to everyone for your kind interest in my work and your support. I'm pleased that folks are enjoying the new booklet.

-Patrick
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-26 06:03, Celloboy wrote:
Pete

Your postman is doing shows with the material Man!! He's making money off you!!!
I'll bet he's got a little street gig right around the corner!!!
I hate that.

I recieved mine [had to strip search the postman, found a ultraboard and two copies of Luke Jermay's Bigger three] and it is really good stuff.

I can't use serial number thing, but Patrick told me that already. The other two routines are very good. I really like the format, the artwork is killer.

Another homerun for the Redford team.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Quote:
I recieved mine [had to strip search the postman, found a ultraboard and two copies of Luke Jermay's Bigger three] and it is really good stuff.

I can't use serial number thing, but Patrick told me that already. The other two routines are very good. I really like the format, the artwork is killer.

James

Just wondering, is it the Bigger three, the ultra board or Triangle that is really good stuff? All the above? I'm happy with that : ). Next thing you know folks are going to be patting down their neighbors dog for my next release.... or maybe not.

James, you should be able to use part of the routine of Divine Number - the serial number effect - and also be able to use the "divine switch" for other routines.

I'll leave the rest of you to your strip searching and such.

Patrick Reford
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 02:24, Xiqual wrote:

I recieved mine

James

You cannot use it b/c of foreign currency issues? Can you explain?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 17:22, Patrick Redford wrote:
Quote:

James

Just wondering, is it the Bigger three, the ultra board or Triangle that is really good stuff? All the above? I'm happy with that : ). Next thing you know folks are going to be patting down their neighbors dog for my next release.... or maybe not.

James, you should be able to use part of the routine of Divine Number - the serial number effect - and also be able to use the "divine switch" for other routines.

I'll leave the rest of you to your strip searching and such.

Patrick Reford

Triangle is the good stuff of course. I do like my Ultraboard thuogh.

Yes, I should say that the divine switch will work for any currency. Just the other cool features that U.S. currency has will not work here.
James
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-30 17:24, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 02:24, Xiqual wrote:

I recieved mine

James

You cannot use it b/c of foreign currency issues? Can you explain?

Errrrr... You live in the USA so it's not a problem for you.
James
Q&A
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Q&A
This is a general question about patrick redford's effects and not just about his triangle booklet. I perform mentalism but the type of stage shows I do are at resort hotels where same people return night after night. This keeps the hotel happy but my material need to be bullet proof. How repeatable are redford's effect? Can they stand up to the logical minds repeat viewing?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

My own personal Biased opinion is that the routines are bullet proof. I have performed them many times in front of the same audiences. During one run of performances I was doing with another performer, we were scheduling back to back performances in the same venue. Some folks actually payed a second time (!) to come back to the show again that same night. There was only about a 20 minutes gap between shows to allow the first audience to cycle out and the new to cycle in. Believe me, with effects staying fresh in their minds, the material had to be perfect. One of the reasons for this was not because we were expecting audience members to stay over, but because the venue's staff members seeing the show multple times. This means any material that uses multiple outs that 'look' different couldn't be used. Happily, none of my material suffers from such a stigma. If I ever find myself using multiple outcomes, they all play and look exactly the same.

As for the material in Triangle, the material is bullet proof. All three routines will stand up to repeat performances without crumbling. I wouldn't suggest performing them over and over again one right after another as the effects themselves may become boring.

The exception to this, of course, is Prevaricator (The Ultimate Ring of Truth) which becomes stronger and stronger the more times one performs it for the same folks in question. The more folks see it working successfully, the more baffling it becomes.

I'm rather obsessive compulsive when it comes to creating material. I always try to include as much element of 'real' as I can while still making the effect fairly fail safe. I prefer to combine legitimate psychological techniques with tried and true methodology to obtain a strong mind blowing result.

Others who are familiar with my work may surely testify to such end. If you have any questions about anything in particular, I'd be happy to chat with you over PM or email. Don't hesitate to ask.

I'll be chatting with you soon.

Kind Regards,
-Patrick Redford
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
It is, quite simply, a work of art!, and that's before you start reading the effects.

They are excellent. The serial number routine is amazing, and I'm sure I've heard that the 'extra' parts can work to an extent with British notes, let me look into this and get back to you Patrick.

The memorised deck routine is wonderful! I love it, and will have a lot of fun using it. The change...it's not difficult and well worth the practice if you are looking to have this 'different' routine in your mental repertoire.

For anyone else interested, I'll now happily buy anything Patrick puts out without any reviews, and probably without reading the effects. Any time wasted merely browsing over it is time wasted learning from what he has to offer.

Best wishes,
Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL