The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Q&A
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Q&A
I'll be in london next week is there anyone who sell your books over there?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Alakazam carries Triangle in their shop. They're the only place to currently purchase Triangle beside directly from me.

-Patrick
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
But buying from Patrick direct is great 'cuz then he can sign the book too (since I like that sort of thing)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I HHAAVVEE BBEEENNN TTTTRRRYYYIIINNNGG to resist!

GGRRR!

I am going to have to break down and get this.
Darn you Patrick!

Sean
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:

On 2007-04-29 02:24, Xiqual wrote:

Errrrr... You live in the USA so it's not a problem for you.
James

Wow, suppose someone travels abroad? Just asking a legit question here, anyone?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-05-04 18:04, magicmind wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-29 02:24, Xiqual wrote:

Errrrr... You live in the USA so it's not a problem for you.
James

Wow, suppose someone travels abroad? Just asking a legit question here, anyone?

PM Patrick with direct questions about the method. He is very up front about his work. I asked a question aboput one of his older works and he PM'ed me a complete description of the effect and his reasons for using it.

Great guy, great book.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2167 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Patrick is great to deal with customer-service-wise and will answer your question...we all can't be on here 24-7 and I am as guilty as anyone on that....I am leaving on another 14-day, allegedly, deployment tomorrow so I will be off the grid for awhile..

Here is a quick non-review: He recently sent me his Triangle book. I have held of on reading it until I get on a plane Sunday since I KNOW from his previous works it will be entertaining. TRIANGLE will be no exception. I, too, offer a serial number divination effect in the form of my "$" effect offered for sale so I was interested in a TRADE to see the method...similer but disimiliar...lol
You really need both, and his first effect in this booklet comliment nicely, if you want to perfom this type of effect...

I have heard the other routines in this booklet are great as well...just get it..

Bryn
(best non-review I have posted so far!)
Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Thanks Bryn,

I look forward to reading your thoughts when you return from your trip.

-Patrick
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

There's good news for those folks who use Euro Bank Notes. There is now a suppliment that allows the serial number effect to be performed with Euro Bank Notes. I'm sure there are other currencies as well that allow for the same. The Café's own, MALCHAT was kind enough to put together an ebook that teaches the necessary information needed. This will be avaiable via my website for a free download along side any purchase of Triangle. In edition, anyone is welcome to email me as well to request a copy upon proof of purchase.

Thanks again to Malchat and to everyone else for their kind support.

-Patrick Redford
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2167 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I certinaly do need to post a little more of an in-depth review soon, and will, but after my initial read of TRIANGLE I can at least for now say I certainly reccomend it.
Good booklet (and it's design is just too cool!)

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1971 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Great news about the Euro notes Patrick - I've been meaning to sit down and come up with something but my wife never lets me hang onto a note long enough...
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Quote:
On 2007-04-19 22:50, arnon wrote:
Aha - Googling MagiComic produced Derek Merdinyan, a member of this prestigious and prestidigitatous forum, who calls himself the inventor of the MagiComic!

In the months after I published the first MagiComic, it was published on two sites, one I approved, one that was taken without my permission and have since had trouble removing it. It wasn't much later that SYMbol magazine started publishing their online magazine in this format. Copying is the sincerist form of flattering, or however it goes.

I've spoken with many magicians about the MagiComic and some have said that they invisioned similar ideas but never had the resources, time, and or ability to do it properly.

I wish you the best of luck publishing in this format. If anyone would like to see examples of what the MagiComics look like, I have three published at http://www.magiczine.com (look for 'MagiComic' in the index).

I called myself the inventor, but perhaps I was just the first to publish the idea (aside from Andrew Mayne who I think used a comic-like style of instruction at one time).

Derek Merdinyan
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I don't know who the first was or the inventor was, but over 40 years ago (1965), Mark Wilson was sending out his Mark Wilson's Magic Club Comic to us members of the club. It was a comic book teaching magic effects.

Tony
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Derek,

When was the first magicon produced? Comics in magic have been in use a very long time. In the back of programs that taught the audience a trick, on the back of serial boxes, even Mac King uses comics to teach his magic. Triangle is the first full comic book printed in comic book format (not just comic book art but printed as an actual comic book)) - as far as I know.

Thanks.

Patrick Redford
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
In fact, a lot of the oldie books of Dunninger times seemed to almost be written as comics... or at least heavily graphical renderings of the audience / performer and reactions... maybe that is why I loved reading about magic...they had "graphic novels" in the 1920s!

I am a huge comic collector (to my wife's 2nd chagrin (since my magic and comics take up 1/2 of the 6th dimensional space)... and the interesting thing aboiut them is they are a nice zone between film and literature... hence why many comic sagas make a nice transition to the silver screen- and thus instead of DVDs there are some things the comic can convey that a DVD can't (and vice versa)- and you don't need a player for the comic Smile

I look forward to more people adopting this medium - or at least blending it - into their descriptions of effects. I actually use it in Powerpoints and also game designs (computer)...!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 23:50, Patrick Redford wrote:
Thanks again to Malchat and to everyone else for their kind support.

You're welcome, Patrick... just making sure no one in the Euro zone passes on an excellent book.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
tincture
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of tincture
I just got the Euro note version of this. Now I wish I worked with the Euro instead of American money! Malchat thanks for that! It seems the effect is even stronger with the Euro note! For the people who bought this thing, which one is your favorite? Is it hands down the Serial number thing, the card memory, or the spectator being able to tell you how much change you have in your hand?

Tim
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

The euro-note version is very cool. I look forward to a time when I can perform it with said currency. Thanks again.
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
I recieved Triangle a few weeks ago...I'm loving it!

Sound change is awesome, I have a similar effect I was playing with but this is defineately what I will be using.

I really like divine number but unfortunately I can't do the first part Smile ,I look foward to when I will be able to probably with malchats great version, but I knew this when I bought the book and the divine switch is excellent!

And finally rain king, I have never realy liked memory stunts, just personal taste, but this is very nice...having the spectator memorise the deck as well is amazing and it could be a nice lead into a OOTW effect.

Overall this is a great booklet and well worth the small price asked for it.

Thanks Patrick

Aidan Smile
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mentalisten
View Profile
New user
London, UK
62 Posts

Profile of Mentalisten
Is the serial number effect in this book better than the one on the Unexpected DVD by Spelmann and Nardi?

Ross
'Welcome to the Jungle' - Axl Rose
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "TriAngle" - The last book by Patrick G. Redford (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL