The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jack Miller's Hold Out Miracles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just received my copy of the "Jack Miller's Hold Out Miracles" featuring Alan "Ace" Greenberg with commentary by Bob Fitch, Albert Lasher, Tony Spina, Howie Schwartzman and others.

It's a fun video with several routines demonstrated and explained by Ace Greenberg ("Ball, Silk and Wand", "Jack Miller's Egg Bag" and "Sensational Rope Cut". Ace is clearly a fan of Jack Miller and explains the reason for the video is to do his part to perpetuate Miller's work. For me, watching Ace was just plain fun and I learned a bit, too. Meir Yedid, who produced this DVD, also tips the Deluxe Holdout model that came from Miller's own collection of props (and Ace shows how to build your own as well) and while there are many holdouts on the market with a huge range of prices, the original Jack Miller model is a great starting point and probably for many people the one to ultimately use. There is also a rare footage of Miller doing several of his routines and again, seeing him in action is fun.

The DVD includes a pdf copy of the classic Ed Mishell book "Hold-Out Miracles" as well as a surprise bonus that fans of Miller will enjoy.

I'm a prefer-books-over-DVD's sort of person, but this was a fun and very useful one for me.
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I know this is an old thread, but I'll post here instead of starting a new one. I have this DVD and have been experimenting with the Jack Miller Holdout. I have had mixed results so far. I would be interested in discussing the ins and outs of it with someone who has made and successfully used the Jack Miller holdout. It seems like such a simple thing to make and use, when you watch the DVD, but you soon find out it's not as easy as you thought. If anybody would like to talk about their use of the holdout pleas PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jack Miller's Hold Out Miracles (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL