The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite Hot Rod routine? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1053 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I have a beautiful jumbo hot rod... clear acrylic and about 9" long.

I recently purchased Paul Green's Lecture notes, and found out first hand that his "Pygmy Paddle" trick plays big! I get gasps of amazement peforming it, surpassing any paddle trick I've ever done. Best of all, Paul's routine involves the spectator by writing their name on the paddle. You even have a personallized plastic pygmy paddle as a give away item...

If you contact Paul, he can set you up with a very practical paddle trick.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
207 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Check out Wild Magic... They have a 9" walnut rod and its gems slip off into a glass! Different!
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
262 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I have a small, black hot rod. It has colors on only half the dimples so that it does more than one change. So if you hold it one way, you have the illusion of a color in the entire simple. Upside down, it is another. Does anyone know what this one is? I haven't used it in years and am looking for the instructions
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
262 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Ok, I found the instructions, this hot rod is called "Spectra!" from "Optical Oddities. The instructions are from David Pavlov. The power of this routine and stick is that the colors/no color is visible on all four sides! So with the audience looking at the stick below eye level, they see the top, left and right sides all change back and forth. Just thought I would put that out there in case anyone else has one or someone was looking for it. I got this 30 or 40 years ago.
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
I like the clear hot rod, it is very effective, since you can say "You can see right through here, no chicanery"

That being said, I have found tricks relying strictly on the paddle move somewhat underwhelming...

My favorite" gem stick" trick is Spot off (or similar name. You have a die with gems, specter rolls. Then you give it to them to hold tightly. Bring out a blank magic wand, tap spectators hand and the gems or on the stick. They open their hand, and it is off.

It seems like a childish trick, but trust me, it is a real fooler
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
711 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Check out Eric Stevens on his "At the Table" lecture.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3287 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
Ok, I found the instructions, this hot rod is called "Spectra!" from "Optical Oddities. The instructions are from David Pavlov. The power of this routine and stick is that the colors/no color is visible on all four sides! So with the audience looking at the stick below eye level, they see the top, left and right sides all change back and forth. Just thought I would put that out there in case anyone else has one or someone was looking for it. I got this 30 or 40 years ago.

PLUS this "goodie" was supplied with a second ungimmicked stick with the changed color on all four sides to further confound the onlookers. Smile

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite Hot Rod routine? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL