We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy's Black Box Cinema (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check out the trailer and you will see some amazing switches for mentalists.
The switches in the movie looks ultra smooth and clean!
Can anyone recommend some books with great mentalist effects for these fine switches ?

Yo can find the video trailer here: http://www.mymagic.com/cassidy.htm

Text from ad:
"Techniques covered include: The Medium’s Switch (2 methods), The Al Baker Switch (2 methods), Annemann Switch (2 methods), The Squeeze, The Moldavian Switch, Switch Blade Switch, Microphone Switch, The Impossible Envelope Switch, The Cajones Shuffle, Henry Hay’s False Waterfall Riffle, Gambler’s Palm Add-On, Erdnase Bottom Deal, and The Putty Switch.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 01:24, Kjellstrom wrote:
Check out the trailer and you will see some amazing switches for mentalists.
The switches in the movie looks ultra smooth and clean!
Can anyone recommend some books with great mentalist effects for these fine switches ?

Yo can find the video trailer here: http://www.mymagic.com/cassidy.htm

Text from ad:
"Techniques covered include: The Medium’s Switch (2 methods), The Al Baker Switch (2 methods), Annemann Switch (2 methods), The Squeeze, The Moldavian Switch, Switch Blade Switch, Microphone Switch, The Impossible Envelope Switch, The Cajones Shuffle, Henry Hay’s False Waterfall Riffle, Gambler’s Palm Add-On, Erdnase Bottom Deal, and The Putty Switch.

Practial Mental Magic by Annemann comes to mind, along with Cassidys books

The clips come from his electronic books, the show extract is from his Black Box CD/DVD that he's been marketing for the past several years.

It looks like this is a collection of previously released material, some still on his web page.

Given that this current DVD is not sold directly from his web page, chances are if you order it, you'd actually get it before the turn of the 23rd century.

Now if he can only get the rest of his stuff distributed in a similar vein..
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Bob Cassidy, despite what some have said about his personality, creates some fine routines.

Of the five pieces on mental miricles, I have use three of them professionally on a regular basis.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3598 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'm looking forward to it, Bob has forgotten more than what I know.
Jim Klodzen
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Jim Klodzen
I believe that he's forgotten a lot. Like all the items I've ordered from him in the last few years.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 07:27, Jim Klodzen wrote:
I believe that he's forgotten a lot. Like all the items I've ordered from him in the last few years.

Yet you kept ordering over the years? Wow.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 02:48, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Bob Cassidy, despite what some have said about his personality, creates some fine routines.

Of the five pieces on mental miricles, I have use three of them professionally on a regular basis.

Nicholas,
I'm sure Bob is a fine person. He just doesn't deliver his books on time, in some cases he doesn't deliver at all. He is a mentalism genius, that fact is undisputed.

I think all his writings have much value.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Black Box is OK but a tad disappointing given the promises he made in the ads for it (I can't recall exactly but mindblowing techniques that would change the way you view mentalism forever was the kind of hype he gave it). Much of the DVD is rehashed material from his various ebooks - in that sense it's a greatest hits.

If you can get it from somewhere other than Bob then do so - otherwise be prepared to wait...and wait....and wait.

Best,

David.
Jim Klodzen
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Jim Klodzen
I ordered a lot few of the limited props he made, with emails that they would be sent out..... he's making some changes.......the list goes on......
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I ordered it from mymagic.com Meir is one of my favorite people in the industry and he always delivers quickly.

Tony
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
So did I Tony. Thanks for the tip.

I have ordered from Bob Cassidy directly before and swore never again.

From now on I only order Cassidy materials from reputable dealers like Meir.

STAY MYSTICAL
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1319 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I see I'm not the only one that has made a donation to the Cassidy fund (I ordered a Billet Board over 2 yrs ago and never saw anything, except ads via email for more of his products).
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Cheer up Guys!

"Sideshow Bob" is on tour on the East coast!

Perhaps you could go to the lecture and find out from him about all of the delays!

Just a thought.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
jhard
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
135 Posts

Profile of jhard
I received Black Box Cinema two days ago. My only problem with it was wasted time on meaningless beginning production instead of devoting that space to demonstrating more. You will sit through a silly opening sequence long before getting to the meat of the matter. The suggestions for 'stagemanship', deportment and image are all Acting 101 with nothing new. Finally, we get to the switches, etc. which are all excellent food for thought, but nothing really new for the experienced performer. After that we have the usual trick promos from the dealer to take up more unneeded space.

This DVD will be good for the beginner. The most popular switches are covered well, but there are so many more that are not mentioned. The ones that are, however, are excellent and you can take your pick depending upon your performance style. The simplist is a "envelope in pocket" switch that looks very good, especially if you do a Cards Across.

This DVD could have been excellent had it been fully utilized. If switches etc. are to be taught, the entire subject could be contained on one DVD and would be an outstanding teaching tool. This one, however, leaves out so very much. What is there is good, but where is the rest ? So much materiel and so little space ? Not the case on Black Box Cinema.

Please, Producers.......leave out the silly intros and endings, leave out the self-serving, time wasting special effects that do nothing for our performing skills. Just give us what we are really paying for. Can we not have DVD's that just begin and end with what we bought the thing for and get rid of the hype, "look what I can do" special effects that teach us nothing and just fill space ?

The only thing about this particular experience that shocked me was Mier Yadid's customer service. I will swear it seemed like this product arrived at my doorstep the next day. I was so surprised to receive such excellent shipping service. It actually arrived two days after I ordered it without requesting any special service. That's impressive. Thanks. A few more dealers could benefit greatly by doing this.
Success to all.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 23:21, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I ordered it from mymagic.com Meir is one of my favorite people in the industry and he always delivers quickly.
Tony

A typical PERFECT post from Tony lol
Now that he has cut through all the usual Cassidy cock up complaints AND come up with a solution to a problem for a lot of Café members', can we have some comments about the CONTENT of this item Smile
TJ
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
There is one communication that always awakens the good Dr. Bob and he answers it promptly...a Paypal dispute. So, if you want to take the risk of ordering from him always use Paypal...and hold him accountable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy's Black Box Cinema (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL